Forums

Help › Forums

nike balls

Sat, Nov 13 2021 8:02 AM (44 replies)
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 12:05 PM

phred952:
    I think WGT credits are the equivalent of Russian Rubles from the Cold War days in the marketplace.  lol

cost more, worth less

• twinponds169
    3,020 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:18 AM

Hey Phred, the way my game plays in real life it would not make any difference if they were last decades balls, lol.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 7:32 AM

twinponds169:

Hey Phred, the way my game plays in real life it would not make any difference if they were last decades balls, lol.

That problem I fully understand.  LOL.

• borntobesting
    9,633 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 10:07 AM

phred952:

twinponds169:

That problem I fully understand.  LOL.

I actually have some of last century's balls in my shag bag.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 7:00 PM

Seriously, just play the ball that you like, that's a combination of good scoring with the lowest cost and enjoy the game, for gripe sakes.  The per dot jazz doesn't impress me at all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 1:33 PM

BobApollo:
    The per dot jazz doesn't impress me at all.

To each, his own. When you get to the point where you can appreciate the difference a dot or .2 makes, you will have arrived.  ;-)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2016 1:41 PM

BobApollo:

Seriously, just play the ball that you like, that's a combination of good scoring with the lowest cost and enjoy the game, for gripe sakes.  The per dot jazz doesn't impress me at all.

One look at the RGs / money board shows they do make a difference.  Nothing night and day even in the right hands that really understand them and loads of fun with a L33 Cally say, but where one shot at the end is all that's likely in it (certain courses too for some).............. 

• Mythanatos
    2,204 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 7:22 AM

adaputter:

great work finding the cost of dots on nike balls

1 problem,

10th hole congress. new ball, miss ding it flies in the water,

so all calculations go out of the window

I did that last week...

The drive was the last hit on a ball. Brand new ball. No hits. Splash... 

was NOT happy... lol  I was playing best of Par 5s.  I did double eagle the next hole so that made up for it. :D

• Lesthanpar
    1,454 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 8:11 AM

I would like it so we could make our own custom balls. For example say you like the Srixon balls but they only have 2 or 2.5 dots of distance so be able to make a Srixon with say 3.5 dots distance and 3.5 spin same as the level 43 Callaway. Custom make any ball you want and pay for the performance by dots.

• Mythanatos
    2,204 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 1:33 PM

The companies pay for better stats on their gear that they let WGT mimic.  Nike had the highest gear on WGT because they paid for it.

RSS