Forums

Help › Forums

This Week BP 9 Hole Unlimited

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2009 2:24 PM (8 replies)
  • tigerclaw24
    24 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 6:47 PM

I noticed that the top 2 scores posted for the pro tier are actually form master tier players?? ACPEE who is the leader in the club house has the Master driver too an un fair advantage i would say. I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 8:52 PM

Maybe he made it after he played there and bought the driver later?

• tigerclaw24
    24 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 9:39 PM

i thought of that but if you look at the score history he has several rounds as a master then one as a pro???

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 10:02 PM

That happened to me last week in the Weekly 18 hole single play tourny. I've been a "master" since they added the tiers. When I played last weeks tourny, I realized on the 2nd hole that I was playing from the pro tees - I thought that maybe that was the setup of it and didn't think too much of it. When I finished, I saw that my round was poster on the pro tier and not master. I posted about in the bug forum and on Alex's wall. Must just be some bug b/c last week was when they changed the difficulty on advancing tiers.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 10:26 PM

Whatever tier you enter an unlimited play tournament in is the tier you will continue to compete in for the duration of the tournament, regardless of whether you've moved up in the interim.  That's not a bug, that's by design.  The "bug" is that now there are Master-only clubs that become available to people who have moved up from Pro to Master.  They can then use those Master-only clubs to compete in the Pro tier tournament they entered before they became Master.

To put it clearly:  Player X starts the week on Monday as Pro, enters the unlimited play weekly tournament, and at some point during the week becomes a Master.  Player X can now go buy those PIng G10 Master irons and the R9 8.5 degree driver.  Since Player X entered the unlimited-play weekly tournament as Pro, every score recorded for the week will be in the Pro division.  Unfortunately for the rest of the Pro tier, Player X has Master level irons and driver now, and can easily better their score.

Note, this "bug" will also affect any monthly unlimited play tournaments as well.  If you entered the monthly tournament on the first day as a Pro and turned Master the same day, you'll still record scores as a Pro for that tournament for the rest of the month.

My prediction is that unless this issue is addressed, every week we will see a Pro-turned-Master winning the Pro division tournaments handily with their newly purchased 8.5 degree driver and Master-only irons in hand, thus defeating the purpose of making certain clubs Master-only to begin with.

• tigerclaw24
    24 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 6:35 AM

Thanks for explaining this "bug" Tibbets. Is WGT planing on changing this at all since there is a clear advantage to the player turning master?

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 10:24 AM

He made master this week, but he is registered as a pro. But now he is a master, he is still a pro in the weekly tournament. But after that, he will be a master, and play on master condiitons

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 1:19 PM

Perhaps a new guideline?  ... If you move up and play the Pro Tourneys with the Master equipment, you are disqualified...?  

Like that? 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2009 2:24 PM

Thanks for the reports. We plan to fix this bug in our next release.

RSS