Help › Forums

Using spin Advaned used

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 3 2011 3:22 PM (0 replies)
  • Kickinass
    5 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2011 3:22 PM

Hello everyone.

I have been playing since late July 2010 and i have learned alot of hints and tips, but there is a few things that everyone should know. With St. Andrews as a prime example with its high winds, If you have a wind coming from behind you (Tail Wind) I would suggest useing half back spin. This will help the ball climb, and get more distance from the tail wind. But with a strong tail wind also meens lots of roll so the half back spin should not effect your overall distance once you hit the deck.

Then with wind towards you (Head Wind) you should use half top spin. This will enable the ball to travel at a lower height but not to low you drop early. If you step up to the Tee's everytime with that in your mind you will get at least 20 yards. With tail wind you can get up to 30 - 40 yards or more if you get a good bounce.

I use the level 48 Ping Rapture V2 Pro 2010 driver with 255 yard drive and Callaway Tour i(s) balls. With this little tip for spin you will improve your shots no end you can use the same principles for cross winds too. If the wind is faceing, say for instance (West North-West) Or 10 oclock if you imagin a clock face. The wind will still act as a tail wind but you need to readjust your aim. so you are aiming into the winds direction then you want to click early and get a hook shot this add'd side spin will also help distance.

this is my First post so sorry it is not of great quality. but i hope you all can understand what i have typed.

Hope this helps as many ppl that read it. If you have any questions please post i will try and make a comment asap.

RSS