Forums

Help › Forums

wind Calculator

Sat, Apr 25 2020 2:10 AM (87 replies)
  • Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 2:55 PM

Hi

I 100 % agree. The between winds are the tricky ones!!

Peter

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 2:21 AM

looking at how he has it set up you would put either 3 or 9 in the direction box in either tail wind or headwind. Because as far as direction goes a straight cross wind would be neutral that is neither tailwind or headwind. Doing this on both at once gives you the same distance. What you then have to do is figure out how far away from the pin to aim the shot.

That is why I will probably stick with Kats wind calculator. It gives you the distance you need to hit plus how far from the pin you need to aim.

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 2:21 AM

i like this calculator, it's simple to use for those of us that are not computer guru's.

great work sir,

Turfsand

• Oyanglon
    165 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 6:01 AM

Hi

Where can I find Kats wind calculator

Thanks

Oyanglon

ps not a commie

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 8:23 AM

I have a side wind formula but removed it from the calculator because someone got mad at me for sharing to much information with everyone :(

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 9:22 AM

Tell that someone to kiss off.............lol

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 11:54 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

I have a side wind formula but removed it from the calculator because someone got mad at me for sharing to much information with everyone :(

WTH? Unless it's their program to start with, I'd tell that someone to go *** off, Jo. 

Great tool that will surely help a lot of players. Good job. Sad that "someone" is such a selfish a$$ that they feel threatened if another player gets better or learns something new. 

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2016 1:05 PM

WaLk0fLiFe:

i would say that unless this person has some type of claim to your calculator, it should be none of their concern. i for one would like to see this addition to what you've shared already...but this is your decision to make.

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 7:24 AM

Ballistics calculation of side wind

Dividing a clock face up into minutes, each minute = 6° of angle. As we are using the opposite angle to that in the video use Sin.

In this example, if the wind is 15 mph the side wind effect would be 7.5 mph or 11 fps

turfsand:

i would say that unless this person has some type of claim to your calculator, it should be none of their concern. i for one would like to see this addition to what you've shared already...but this is your decision to make.

The only claim they could make is having a formula for how these basic calculations translate to the effect in WGT.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 10:25 AM

iwb1:

Dividing a clock face up into minutes, each minute = 6° of angle. As we are using the opposite angle to that in the video use Sin.

In this example, if the wind is 15 mph the side wind effect would be 7.5 mph or 11 fps

Yep.

RSS