Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson's Hinge (the unofficial WGT Enquirer bracket)

Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:53 AM (105 replies)
  • mymanpayne
    6,137 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2016 10:20 AM

Well, Mike and I had an old school barn burner in the semi's. We both had some shaky one's at the start, but about the 5th hole on it's game on. This could've gone either way. He birdied the 9th to take to extra's, and he pulled out the win with a fine shot to the par 5 and a made a nice eagle to end. Had some nice conversation on Skype with him also. Best of luck moving forward Mike. Give'm hell !!

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2016 11:32 AM

Bery said he wanted epic encounters in the semi's ,well the game with Mike was certainly that.

neither of us could buy a putt for 4 holes then everything seemed to click for both of us and we ended up with a bit of a birdie-fest.

skype enabled us to have a good chat during the game ,which i enjoyed because Mike is a good guy to have a game with.

5th extra hole finally settled it when i got a much kinder bounce on the fairway enabling me to reach the green in 2 and i  managed to get the  eagle for a 1up win

thanks for the game Mike ,i feel very fortunate to have gotten the result in the game

Mike

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Nov 16 2016 2:58 AM

liam91:

Bery said he wanted epic encounters in the semi's ,well the game with Mike was certainly that.

Wow! Wish I could have seen this match! :)

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2016 3:07 PM

I discover now that there has been another bracket for this memorial?!?! In the first one I was not drafted, so I thought that everything was over. Someone could explain me this matter?! Sorry for not having played. Bye

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2016 2:58 PM

bery111:

Full link to bracket is here: http://challonge.com/AndysonsHinge

Semi Finals!

Semi 1: Liam91 vs Mymanpayne

Semi 2: overtheedge vs Bigknight

Hi bery.

What a run, for EVERYONE in BOTH MP tourneys. Some were lucky enough to continue to play in andysons honor, others at least had the opportunity to play in the tournament Paul initially created, with GREAT success mind you. TY Paul and to everyone involved in the andyson Memorial Tournament

Now, it is on to "Andysons Hinge". TY for putting this together bery111. I am honored to have played in this tournament to remember our friend, mate, bud -THE heartbeat of the WGT forums - andyson

Our MP - Semi 2: overtheedge vs Bigknight is schedule for Monday @ 230 EST. We're both looking forward to playing and having some fun remembering our friend. 

TX again - TO EVERYONE IN THE COMMUNITY.

That reminds me - didn't icon or scamwow, or someone in that pod mention WGT was in the process of doing something in andysons memory? THE Author and Creator of the WGT National Inquirer and unlimited post referencing statistics and data from WGT's community base. Either way WE as a community HONORED A KEY MEMBER / FRIEND IN THE COMMUNITY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, OF THESE FORUMS.

See you Monday BK and will raise our glass in honor of ANDYSON! CHEERS!

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 8:30 AM

overtheedge:

Either way WE as a community HONORED A KEY MEMBER / FRIEND IN THE COMMUNITY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, OF THESE FORUMS.

Good stuff! This sums it up perfectly! I'm sure Andyson has been watching a few of the games and probably used one of Yancy's creations to eavesdrop on the conversations from t'other side! Without doubt, I'm sure he was chuckling at my shot selections during my Andyson Bracket game against amateur4sure. I could also have sworn I heard the echo of a train horn on one of the par 3s, just as I was getting ready to hit!

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 8:43 AM

Tamsach:

I discover now that there has been another bracket for this memorial?!?! In the first one I was not drafted, so I thought that everything was over. Someone could explain me this matter?! Sorry for not having played. Bye

Hi Tamsach,

During the Andyson Bracket selection (64 players from the original 100 or so), a few  guys weren't picked. So I had a chat with Paulton to run the idea of the unpicked players going into the Andyson Hinge - with the winners of the Hinge & Bracket playing each other in an Andyson Memorial Final match to end all Final matches! :D

I did have you in Andysons Hinge - and I put details about it on Paul's original thread from the Andyson Strokeplay.

I'm sorry you missed out - a couple of others did too. BUT (there's always a BUT!) I reckon the way this Memorial has been run, I would like to see this as an Annual Andyson Event, with or without WGT's support. And  we've shown we have more than enough willing and able participants.

US Open | British Open | Masters The Andyson Annual gets my vote!

Cheers,

bery

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 12:13 PM

Jeff (overtheedge) and I just finished our semifinal match at Pinehurst.

We started off with a Cheers to Andy, and then we blasted our drives down the first fairway. I'm afraid Jeff caught me on a day where everything was working, and after starting birdie, birdie, birdie, par, birdie. I had him dormie on the 6th hole. We halved that one and the match was all to quickly over.

Jeff truly embodies the true spirit of what these matches are about, and I wish him nothing but the best in the future. I hope our paths cross again soon my friend.

Bk wins 4up

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2016 12:14 PM

bery111:

overtheedge:

Either way WE as a community HONORED A KEY MEMBER / FRIEND IN THE COMMUNITY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, OF THESE FORUMS.

Good stuff! This sums it up perfectly! I'm sure Andyson has been watching a few of the games and probably used one of Yancy's creations to eavesdrop on the conversations from t'other side! Without doubt, I'm sure he was chuckling at my shot selections during my Andyson Bracket game against amateur4sure. I could also have sworn I heard the echo of a train horn on one of the par 3s, just as I was getting ready to hit!

LMAO!!! Nice one bery,,LOL.

BTW: I just got SHELLACKED  by BigKnight. Wow! 4UP BigKnight.

It was an absolute pleasure to play against BK.BK's caliber of play is extreme. GL to the next player who plays against him.TY again my friend for a nice tiem on the course and for andyson,,,,CHEERS MY DEAR FRIEND.  

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 2:38 AM

Congratulations to all players who took part in this wonderful memorial to our friend Andyson! We have now reached the final of the Hinge, but not the final of the Andyson Memorial.

In the red corner, representing Transgressional, weighing 200lbs and wearing black trunks and black boots is Liam91

In the blue corner, representing Cosa Nostra, weighing 500lbs and wearing red trunks and white boots is The Godfather BigKnight

The contest will be held over 18 holes Matchplay at St Andysons, in honour of our friend Dennis. We'd like a nice clean fight....over to our match referee with an intro to the fight VEM:

RSS