Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson's Hinge (the unofficial WGT Enquirer bracket)

Thu, Dec 1 2016 8:53 AM (105 replies)
  • UKGolfersElite
    325 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 8:58 AM

bery111:
    In the red corner, representing Transgressional, weighing 200lbs and wearing black trunks and black boots is Liam91

Liam91(mike) always wears speedo's not trunks:)

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Tue, Nov 22 2016 10:12 AM

UKGolfersElite:

bery111:
    In the red corner, representing Transgressional, weighing 200lbs and wearing black trunks and black boots is Liam91

Liam91(mike) always wears speedo's not trunks:)

lmao

since i joined the Trannies i only wear my sunday best clothes now, remember those outfits gents..lol

Mike

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 10:38 AM

myself and Geoff have played the "hinge" final and it was a comprehensive 3&2 win for bigknight.

he showed his class from the very 1st hole where i had a wgt moment and my putt only travelled 2 inches,Geoff had a stone cold bird but deliberately missed it ....like i said very classy man.

the main difference between us was the putting ,mine was a little sloppy and i had 3 lip-outs (my fault,not wgt)BK's putting was very good 

we had a connection issue so we had to play the bk 9 again ,as BK said at the time "typical of wgt to interfere in a comp for Andyson"

really enjoyed the game and hopefully we will get a few more in

thanks for this tourney in respect of a much revered member in Andyson , i was honoured to take part.

BK, good luck in the final of finals,give them hell my friend

Mike

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 11:09 AM

Thank you Mike

It was a truly a fun match, and a great chance to get to know a new friend. Those lip-outs truly were the only difference in the match. Mike stuffed a fine shot to within a couple of feet on #2 (left side pin) to go 1up. Some stellar shotmaking tee to green from both of us for the most part. I birdied 3-12 <combined with the lip-outs>, and it allowed me to turn it around.

As you read in Mike's report Andy made his presence known, and like Mike I am honored to take part.  Cheers to my new friend. :)

=bk=

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 3:11 AM

bery111:

Tamsach:

I discover now that there has been another bracket for this memorial?!?! In the first one I was not drafted, so I thought that everything was over. Someone could explain me this matter?! Sorry for not having played. Bye

Hi Tamsach,

During the Andyson Bracket selection (64 players from the original 100 or so), a few  guys weren't picked. So I had a chat with Paulton to run the idea of the unpicked players going into the Andyson Hinge - with the winners of the Hinge & Bracket playing each other in an Andyson Memorial Final match to end all Final matches! :D

I did have you in Andysons Hinge - and I put details about it on Paul's original thread from the Andyson Strokeplay.

I'm sorry you missed out - a couple of others did too. BUT (there's always a BUT!) I reckon the way this Memorial has been run, I would like to see this as an Annual Andyson Event, with or without WGT's support. And  we've shown we have more than enough willing and able participants.

US Open | British Open | Masters The Andyson Annual gets my vote!

Cheers,

bery

Ok, I got it. Tks, Bye, Roberto

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 5:19 AM

BigKnight:

Thank you Mike

It was a truly a fun match, and a great chance to get to know a new friend. Those lip-outs truly were the only difference in the match. Mike stuffed a fine shot to within a couple of feet on #2 (left side pin) to go 1up. Some stellar shotmaking tee to green from both of us for the most part. I birdied 3-12 <combined with the lip-outs>, and it allowed me to turn it around.

As you read in Mike's report Andy made his presence known, and like Mike I am honored to take part.  Cheers to my new friend. :)

=bk=

Congrats to BK and commiserations to Mike! I have posted an Andysons Hinge Winner's Banner on your wall. I will liaise with Paulton with regards to the Hinge v Bracket final match - I think they're at the semi-final stage over there, but they had more rounds to play. Watch this, or the Bracket space for details! :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 12:25 PM

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2016 9:02 AM

BigKnight:

=bk=

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH MIKE AND BK for bringing such a fine run tournament to an exciting and successful end.

Wow! I am sure andyson is sitting back with a smile from ear to ear.

I want to personally thank Paul and bery for creating and taking the time, energy, effort and responsibility to run TWO SUCCESSFUL MEMORIAL TOURNAMENTS. TWO tournaments in memory for a dear friend and contributor to WGT that brought out the TRUE spirit of this game. 

HEY! WGT!

Why not take a LOOK and LEARN SOMETHING form your total lack of response and involvement for a player, a member, a FRIEND who did soooooo much for your Forums and personally for many of your own employees. Its alright though. EMBARRASSMENT is a fitting response.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2016 12:28 PM

Congrats to BK and unlucky Mike.

Well done Paul and everyone who has helped him run the two events.

Lastly thanks to all the players who started the event.

RIP Dennis.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2016 8:26 PM

bubbsboy:

Well done Paul and everyone who has helped him run the two events.

Lastly thanks to all the players who started the event.

RIP Dennis.

Indeed, a fitting tribute to one who has contributed so much not only to the forums for our enjoyment, but, also to WGT itself through his wit & wisdom.

Doc :)

RSS