Forums

Help › Forums

Ticks ruin a round....

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 22 2009 12:13 AM (5 replies)
  • Ichiro
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 5:48 AM

I'll get all the way to the 14th, 15th, 16th hole and I'll get the one and only tick of the round - and it kills my score. I have a super fast connection in Tokyo... there's nothing wrong with my connection. I'm not using any other program at the time. But once a round, a swing goes dark and I end up blowing the shot.

I guess there's no way to fix it, but it's very annoying...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:29 AM

learn to take a practice swing.. let the meter slide all the way through without contact.

I find that around 14, 15th holes I have to start doing that to just about every shot.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 12:48 PM

i never had a problem till the last upgrade now it happens alot. ruins what is a good game.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:49 PM

quite a few players mention how the meter stutters once in a while. I noticed it a lot while practicing.. you click for it to start and it craps out and even if you click it, doesnt do nothing. Once clicked it 3 times before the end and did nothing. Doesnt only do it on the putter, noticed it on the irons once in a while. Its not just my setup because others mention it. Is this a windows, or flash thing.. more than the game? Can the staff at wgt address this problem?

• Ichiro
    4 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 12:04 AM

It's not Windows - I'm on a MAC and it happens to me too...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2009 12:13 AM

I believe it's more important what's going on on your computer while you're playing the game than if it's a new or old computer, Windows or Mac. If you have lots of applications running in the background, the meter may stuck.

I have a small utility in my notification area that shows me the current amount of available RAM. It currently shows 271 MB as I'm typing this. (The overall RAM on this PC is 1 GB.) However, when you play the game (or when you're launching it), it's capable of draining all of your RAM, at least temporarily, so that I'm left with a single-digit figure for available RAM, or no free RAM at all. The crisis usually passes after a minute or so, and the free RAM returns to 100+ MB levels, but the crisis mostly occurs when there are lots of other applications running on the PC besides the game itself. One should especially close any other browser windows except for the one in which you're playing the game. (Windows of alternative browsers should be fine; playing the game in Chrome & browsing the web in Opera works for me, here. I would not dare to play the game in Chrome & simultaneouly browse non-WGT webpages in Chrome.)

RSS