Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:13 PM

Robert1893:

firemangeorge:
    Now that I am a Legend and have been moved back to the "tips", I just can't compete and don't find it enjoyable at all. Not interested in spending the money to upgrade my clubs either. Just not worth it for me personally.

I guess I have a bit of a different take on this thread. With the equipment you have, I find it remarkable that you actually found the game enjoyable all these years! :-) 

Yeah! Not sure why people think he's complaining.. Thats as far away from a rant as you'll see on the forums.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:17 PM

"I partially agree with Lonnie and half agree with Yankee on this one. Not sure why he bothered saying he's quitting. No one knows him on here. Maybe he's hoping someone feels sorry for him and buys him a new driver."

I'm in between both points, similar to Agent Brown...Keep in mind that over 7 years he has missed 14 charities, no idea how many videos, and perhaps could have made a few friends (at least in his CC) that might have helped him out. 

Regardless, he owns a computer and I find it difficult to believe he couldn't have scraped up a few dollars over seven years to upgrade some kit...at least a driver.

It may simply be a matter of him not gaining the enjoyment that he alludes to, or we think. 

He has apparently never asked for help, nor done much to help himself. So if he feels obligated to publicly say goodbye to a bunch of strangers in the forum...so be it.

ct

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:36 PM

ct690911:

"I partially agree with Lonnie and half agree with Yankee on this one. Not sure why he bothered saying he's quitting. No one knows him on here. Maybe he's hoping someone feels sorry for him and buys him a new driver."

I'm in between both points, similar to Agent Brown...Keep in mind that over 7 years he has missed 14 charities, no idea how many videos, and perhaps could have made a few friends (at least in his CC) that might have helped him out. 

Regardless, he owns a computer and I find it difficult to believe he couldn't have scraped up a few dollars over seven years to upgrade some kit...at least a driver.

It may simply be a matter of him not gaining the enjoyment that he alludes to, or we think. 

He has apparently never asked for help, nor done much to help himself. So if he feels obligated to publicly say goodbye to a bunch of strangers in the forum...so be it.

ct

Well said, not sure where we differ in opinion.

He didn't help himself and he didn't ask for help. I understand if you're just burnt out and giving your goodbye message but he didn't do that. He gave a reason as to why he quit, thus puting some wrong on the game albeit in a very indirect way of doing so, but that is what he did. 

looks like a vent to me. He'll be back on soon enough :)

• Robert1893
    7,693 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:54 PM

AgentBrown123:
    He'll be back on soon enough :)

Hotel California, baby. 

You can check out anytime you like... 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:55 PM

my orginal reply may have been a little strongly stated, but that is my way.

i frequently will re-read entries i have replied to, to help me judge if i was correct in my orginal reply.

in this instance in reading all of the replies so far i conclude that my orginal reply was accurate to a point, and not unduly harsh, BUT, in the reread of the OP's statement one truth no one can argue with "just not worth it for me personally".  says it all!   we missed it!     my nickle.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:55 PM

firemangeorge:
    I made it all those years with some basic equipment. Old Rapture clubs and basic putter, wedges and free balls served me well.

Man! Either spend a "little" money and continue to have FUN or move on.

It seems to me, well it is obvious, you have been playing this game spending the LEAST amount of money as possible. That is ridiculous. You cant take it with you when the clock stops - permanently. 

LIVE man! Anything you do in life that is fun, exciting, interesting, adventurous or just plain enjoyable cost money. SPEND a "little" and ENJOY LIFE.

Gosh darn. It just fries me who try to play a game, or go out to dinner, or go to an event -God forbid it is not a "FREE" event  and (let me say that bad word) SPEND AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE to TRY and enjoy themselves. 

FREAKING LIVE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:57 PM

overtheedge:

firemangeorge:
    I made it all those years with some basic equipment. Old Rapture clubs and basic putter, wedges and free balls served me well.

It seems to me, well it is obvious, you have been playing this game spending the LEAST amount of money as possible. That is ridiculous. You cant take it with you when the clock stops - permanently. 

LIVE man! Anything you do in life that is fun, exciting, interesting, adventurous or just plain enjoyable cost money. SPEND a "little" and ENJOY LIFE.

Gosh darn. It just fries me who try to play a game, or go out to dinner, or go to an event -God forbid it is not a "FREE" event  and (let me say that bad word) SPEND AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE to TRY and enjoy themselves. 

you have also missed the point.  my nickle.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:00 PM

overtheedge:

firemangeorge:

You have a point Jeff but that said, we don't know his personal life. He may be simply unable to afford to live life like you and I can. You have to make enough to spend it and him being a senior he is very likely on a fixed income, such has already been stated.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:00 PM

He said, " I enjoyed playing with cheap equipment", then said, "I don't enjoy it anymore, and I am not interested in spending any money"....

How much simpler can he make it? He didn't solicit any advice, or donations, certainly didn't need any slams or critiques, I can't believe some of these posts!

Why do people say goodbye in the forums, same reason your dinner guests do, because it is polite....I guess some would rather have to search your property for a dead body because someone just ate and left without a word! lmao

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:03 PM

WGT should prohibit flounce threads.

Many other forums do.

RSS