Forums

Help › Forums

Time to say so long.

Thu, Dec 1 2016 4:40 AM (216 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 6:15 AM

"I think it depends who that person is.  If someone like YankeeJim, ScottHope or PaulTon were to announce their retirement then most of us would see what a loss they'd be."

I agree they would be missed. But, I'm not sure they would actually post in here. If they did, they would mean it. Many folks threaten to quit and return the next day...so whatever.

ct

• lonniescott711
    4,187 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 7:05 AM

firemangeorge:

I've been a member here for about 7 years but the time has come to call it quits. Why ? Well it seems my move up to the Legend tier has rendered the game almost unplayable for me. I made it all those years with some basic equipment. Old Rapture clubs and basic putter, wedges and free balls served me well.

Now that I am a Legend and have been moved back to the "tips", I just can't compete and don't find it enjoyable at all. Not interested in spending the money to upgrade my clubs either. Just not worth it for me personally.

Anyhow. Not knocking WGT. It is what it is. I used to play this game for the simple fun and enjoyment but when they moved my retired, senior *** back to the pro tees, well that was the end of the adventure.

Been fun. Take care.

This is quite sad actually . You have been here playing for 7 years and you didnt do any better than you did . For 7 years you sat back and squandered every opportunity to take advantage of the free credit offers to upgrade your clubs and buy better gear . Now you complain because you cant play from the tips .

For the last few years where were you during the holiday 12 days of Christmas as well as the Christmas in July ? When players were gifting clubs from the goodness of their hearts to help others where were you ? With all of the help thats here in the forums you never came and asked for any at any time .

Now rather than putting some time in and doing the same free credit offers you would rather quit and complain before doing so . Even though you were moved back a tee you can still play practice rounds and have fun . You can also set up club events in your cc and play off of the easier tees as well .

I know that none of this suits you because you are ready to leave and its just as well . But the bottom line is is that you quit years ago when you failed to do anything to improve your game as a player . You quit when you didnt do any of the things which I mentioned earlier . So since you already quit you may as well leave after all why hang around and do nothing .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 7:36 AM

firemangeorge:
    I used to play this game for the simple fun and enjoyment

I get it. Despite Lonnie's harsh, accusatory take, not everybody is into succeeding and progressing. You see it on the RL courses all the time-the senior group out for good exercise and some fun. So what it's 54-60 for 9 holes, you're alive and having a good time.

The same could be said here for some and it seems you are one of those. Good for you, you did what was fun for you but you don't have to give it up if you don't want to. Forfeit your current ID and start over. Be up front with WGT about it and they won't have a problem, you won't be breaking rules doing it that way. Of course you have to start from scratch but knowing what you know now, I suspect it might be more fun. GL   :-)

• TopShelf2010
    10,885 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:27 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,187 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:30 AM

YankeeJim:

firemangeorge:
    I used to play this game for the simple fun and enjoyment

I get it. Despite Lonnie's harsh, accusatory take, not everybody is into succeeding and progressing. You see it on the RL courses all the time-the senior group out for good exercise and some fun. So what it's 54-60 for 9 holes, you're alive and having a good time.

The same could be said here for some and it seems you are one of those. Good for you, you did what was fun for you but you don't have to give it up if you don't want to. Forfeit your current ID and start over. Be up front with WGT about it and they won't have a problem, you won't be breaking rules doing it that way. Of course you have to start from scratch but knowing what you know now, I suspect it might be more fun. GL   :-)

Hold up wait a minute I am not being harsh Jim none what so ever . If you want to see harsh then go read page 1 . On page 1 they lit him up like a christmas tree heck I was being nice real but nice . I also pointed that they didnt have to quit and what they could do to have their so called fun . At the same time I wasnt accusing them of anything  either .

So dont try to make me out to be the bad guy because Im not . Just sayin

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:03 AM

TopShelf2010:
    I might be way off base here, but I honestly believe there would be many players upset with this scenario

Why? It's a legitimate option available to anybody. WGT has even spelled out the specifics in the T&C. There's even a former moderator that took this route.

@Lonnie-How does this not come across as accusatory? ......

"This is quite sad actually . You have been here playing for 7 years and you didnt do any better than you did . For 7 years you sat back and squandered every opportunity to take advantage of the free credit offers to upgrade your clubs and buy better gear . Now you complain because you cant play from the tips "

A lot of finger pointing there. He wasn't complaining at all, just stating the way he felt. He didn't knock WGT, throw a fit or come up with some insane rant-he just spoke freely about how HE felt. And HIS choice is to not spend what it takes to compete, he just wants to whack the ball around from a place where he's comfortable. That was taken away from him and that is what is sad. My idea gives him another avenue rather than quitting.

I sure don't feel threatened by a 7 year veteran restarting. Why should it bother anybody when done by the book?

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:05 AM

Actually...I re-read the thread and no one was particularly harsh...blunt perhaps. 

I agree with YJ on the restart. I was a restart also...few years back due to technical glitches preventing me from loading. I spoke to the Mods and CS, and they helped me get going again. It was all done by the book. I worked my way back up and have had no problems of that kind since. I guarantee nobody is afraid to play me...lol

ct

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:40 AM

ct690911:
    Still don't get why people need to publicly announce their departure.

I would personally prefer, if people, who are frequent posters (and/or players), do announce, when they quit. Just so we don't have to wonder, what happened to them in threads like the MIA one. Or at least drop a note in all of their friends message boxes, so we don't need to worry, if they're still alive.

@ OP

Restarting is always an option. The other option is either stroke, MP or Skins in practice mode. You can set those to any tees you want and continue having fun.

• TopShelf2010
    10,885 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:41 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,187 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:49 AM

YankeeJim:

TopShelf2010:
    I might be way off base here, but I honestly believe there would be many players upset with this scenario

Why? It's a legitimate option available to anybody. WGT has even spelled out the specifics in the T&C. There's even a former moderator that took this route.

@Lonnie-How does this not come across as accusatory? ......

"This is quite sad actually . You have been here playing for 7 years and you didnt do any better than you did . For 7 years you sat back and squandered every opportunity to take advantage of the free credit offers to upgrade your clubs and buy better gear . Now you complain because you cant play from the tips "

A lot of finger pointing there. He wasn't complaining at all, just stating the way he felt. He didn't knock WGT, throw a fit or come up with some insane rant-he just spoke freely about how HE felt. And HIS choice is to not spend what it takes to compete, he just wants to whack the ball around from a place where he's comfortable. That was taken away from him and that is what is sad. My idea gives him another avenue rather than quitting.

I sure don't feel threatened by a 7 year veteran restarting. Why should it bother anybody when done by the book?

Im not pointing a finger Im stating a fact . He is complaining that he can no longer have fun playing because he got moved back on the tees .You say it your way and I`ll say it mine .But the fact remains that Im not wrong for what I stated not at all .If they didnt want to put the time in then there is nothing to talk about .They know why they cant compete and truly where the fault lies so throwing a rant or blaming WGT would be useless .

Even coming into the forums and posting this thread in the first place to me was a waste of time on their part .To tell the community that wasnt even aware that they existed that they were leaving and why .  So no Jim Im not wrong for stating  my opinion any more so than the  poster of the thread is .Also he doesnt have to start a new account because I too pointed out he could still play and have fun and how to go about doing it .

Most players dont like restarts because they feel that it gives those players an unfair advantage over actual new players as TopShelf stated . Even though WGT allows players to restart with new accounts it doesnt make it fair . Me personally I could care less as it wont have any bearing on my game play and what I do . But when playing in events against bonafide new players then yes there is an unfair advantage as far as course knowledge and game play are concerned .

So no you wont be threatened by a 7 year veteran restarting especially since you know they will never play at your tier or level for as long as they play the game . Just sayin .

RSS