• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:09 AM

RIP Andy. You will be missed.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:22 AM

Oh my word.

I dont frequent these forums now other than SEL stuff but i had to on this.

RIP Andy and thoughts go to family and friends and all who knew him in the WGT world.

This is just sad sad sad, thanks to the OP for letting folk know.

I really hope WGT at least name an event in memory of such a lovely man

Bubbs

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:18 AM

very sad news  :(

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:33 AM

I just thought i would pop on here this morning, and im absolutely shocked to read this. Andyson was a true friend to me in my time here, and i will miss him greatly. 

I owe a lot of what i know about computing, and graphics to Andyson. I remember when i wrote one of my first posts on here, it was Andyson who responded with the answer i was looking for, and we became friends after that. I was wet behind the ears in both the game here, and using a PC. 

I lost my job, and didnt know the front end of computing to the back end. I started playing this game, and had questions galore to ask. Andyson latched onto me, and brought my knowledge up to scratch. 

I also loved the stuff he did with graphics, so much so, he inspired me to take on a course on photoshop, and adobe illustrator. I messaged him back and forth for advice, which he was always willing to help with. As i said, i owe everything to him.

I even have all my old posts from Andyson to this day, as seen here:

Im gutted, absolutely gutted. 

R.I.P Andyson my friend, i will remember you forever. 

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:34 AM

What sad news. I always got a laugh out of his WGT National Enquirer covers.

One night I was searching for a match and his name came up. It was a 9 hole match that ended up going 18 before he finally wore me out and won:)

RIP Andy.                            

Frank

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:43 AM

Very sad news, a funny and clever person that will be much missed here and I'm sure by all that knew him in real life.

All the best to his friends and family.

• virtualreality
    122 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:51 AM

what a shocking news,RIP andyson.He was a true pillar of the wgt community.Such a lovely human being with a great sense of humor.

Had read a few of his posts like wgt traffic stats and they were awesome.He had good knowledge on how web and wgt works.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:09 AM

RIP m'friend.  Your wit , humor, and helpfulness will truly be missed by all of us who were fortunate enough to have crossed paths. I made mention in another thread that WGT forum life as we know it will never be the same without your unique perspective. Thoughts out to family in their time of loss.

Doc 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:28 AM

I am shocked and saddened to hear this. Andy was the 1st person who grabbed my attention in these forums. He helped me so much to learn how to manipulate photos and always encouraged me in trying to bring humour to the forum.

He was the guvnor though and the National Enquirer was his crowning glory. There will always be something missing from the forum now.

I can't believe I'm talking about him in the past tense, I thought of him as a mentor and a friend. This is just so sad...

RIP Andyson.

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:48 AM

So sad to read this news about Andyson, he has helped me in the last few months with some of my computer questions. He always seemed so patient and was more than happy to help someone. 

It's rare to find people like that and he seemed such a nice guy too. A sad day indeed

It would be nice to see WGT acknowledge the passing of someone who contributed so much to these forums.

Rest in Peace Andyson

RSS