Forums

Help › Forums

Extra meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 4 2009 11:44 AM (39 replies)
    1,644 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 1:16 PM

jasondement:
    ... do it is with spin thats how its done for real so why make it any more difficult here. That would be simple ...

I think you may have missed half my point... (the part that makes it hard) 

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 3:40 PM

I'd be happy with anything at this point. My thought on this is to while moving the mouse up in your back swing, take it up and left and then hit right of perfect to hit a draw, vice-versa for fade...or vice-versa all together if I'm thinking backwards here =/ Just a thought, good ideas guys.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 3:59 PM

Thanks avatarlee, but i was only saying that you should have to master the challenge but it should be easy enough to halfway control for the average player and fairly easy to learn to execute. I understand what your saying and agree I almost think it should be as simple as having 3 smaller marks on each side of perfect and gauge the amout this way. This would also be very helpfull in putting. What do you think?

• tigerclaw24
    24 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 9:33 PM

I agree with avatarlee completely...can someone from wgt maybe tell us what they are planing on doing?

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:01 PM

sounds interesting.....but for a guy like me, who can hardly chew gum and click the mouse simultaneously, it could make the already confusing...next to unfathomable.

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 1:34 PM

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 6:32 PM

The August All Ladies tournament is an inexplicable and thus far unique anomaly on WGT's part that will, hopefully, never get repeated, so making any assumptions based on scores achieved in that tournament is just wrong. Draw & fade has been requested by huge numbers of site users & AvatarLee's ideas on its implementation are spot-on, although I'd like to see the keyboard method introduced, too (also for top & back spin), as a voluntary alternative.

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:13 PM

I think the ball spot idea is the best. Keep it simple, the more you move the dot to the right, the more slice you get on the shot. It would be nice to be able to curve the shot around the occasional tree. or approach the green from a better angle.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:53 PM

JTxpress:
    I think the ball spot idea is the best. Keep it simple, the more you move the dot to the right, the more slice you get on the shot. 

I agree, but please let us move the dot on the golf-ball with the ARROW keys on our keyboards, too! There are four ARROW keys on every keyboard (UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT), exactly as many as are needed to set up top-spin, back-spin, draw & fade. When you need to drag that dot on the golf-ball with your mouse every time, It certainly slows down the game, especially multi-players. Keyboard shortcuts will save time for everyone. (Let us also hit the ball with the SPACEBAR, as Tiger Woods Online does, and the mouse-slide could likewise be emulated by a key combination, such as CTRL+SPACEBAR.)

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 12:19 AM

Faterson:
    ... (Let us also hit the ball with the SPACEBAR ...
    I will have to respectfully disagree with using the spacebar for hitting the ball.  Many years ago, the Links game implemented that method, and this is what happened:  in multi-player games, while players were typing their chat comments, when they hit the spacebar between words, it also activated the swing meter to the complete surprise of the player.  Links very quickly posted a patch, replacing the spacebar with the INS key over there on the numeric keypad.  Since then, when playing the Links game, I very rarely use the mouse to hit the ball, choosing instead to use the INS key.  Other than the spacebar thingy, I love your idea of using the arrow kews to move the dot around on the ball.

Warren

RSS