Forums

Help › Forums

New 275yd TaylorMade R9 TP Master 8.5deg Driver

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 6:41 PM (21 replies)
  • ColinRobertson
    372 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:22 AM

I guess the new 275 yard ave. distance driver will be very popular for Master Tier Level players :0)

• pigkiller
    173 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:47 AM

im liking the new TM 8.5 cant wait to see what i pull on #6 on BB LOL

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:47 AM

The new Master-only equipment will widen the gap between Master & Pro players, and will make many Pro players ambitious about advancing to the Master tier even if their skills aren't on the necessary level.

• Gigs1973
    528 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 5:28 AM

I'm curious how the G10 Master 8 degree compares. It appears to be more precise. I'm not sure what that means since you only have to hit the fairway with the driver.

• Keith35
    20 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 6:42 AM

Well after using the 275 club for a few rounds at BP, the extra length is nice but it sure is going to take some getting used to.  I must have ran through about 4-5 fairways because I hit it to long.  The new redwood putter I'm liking as well.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:30 AM

Faterson:

The new Master-only equipment will widen the gap between Master & Pro players, and will make many Pro players ambitious about advancing to the Master tier even if their skills aren't on the necessary level.

Don't understand your comment Faterson....if one does not have  the  skills to reach the Master's Level then she/he won't get there...if one reaches the Master's Level then one clearly has the skills to be there!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:42 AM

People will now start quitting more than ever, hbthree, in order to artificially deflate their average score & move up to the Master tier. They will even now have a good motivation and excuse for doing so.    I'm disappointed WGT does not let Pro players at least buy the best driver. Yes, those Master club sets may really only be suitable for master players who know how to handle them properly, but to deny us the best driver that gives a player a whopping 20 yards of advantage on every drive is rather severe.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:46 AM

Oh how wrong you are.

Want to make master, quickly? Play nothing but 9 hole rounds. Just don't expect to shoot under par when you play a full 18 hole round. Or play this months BPB tourament, from the red tees, a few times. Just don't expect to compete, from the Blue tees.

Check out the scoring history of a number of current "Masters", you'll see what I mean. There is one "Master" who played a total of four (4) 9 hole rounds and two(2) CTTP rounds as a Pro, before moving up.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:55 AM

Faterson:

gives a player a whopping 20 yards of advantage on every drive is rather severe.

Although I agree that "in general" they may have overdone it a bit here.  

Faterson:

They will even now have a good motivation and excuse for doing so.  

But there is now a work-around solution to your 'quitter' problem.  You can now set it up as a practice round!  Less motivation to quit!  YAY!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 9:04 AM

That is correct.  We timed the practice round multiplayer features for his reason.  We are also looking into more ways to address the quitters.

RSS