Forums

Help › Forums

Forum No Longer Works in Opera Browser

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 9 2009 3:01 PM (8 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 3:32 AM

Following this morning's product update, this discussion forum no longer works in the Opera browser. When you reply to a post, the font switches to a serif font (Times Roman) instead of the previous non-serif font (Arial). What is worse, the Post button does not work; you cannot submit your post. And if you press the Edit link in a previous post of yours, the original text of your post does not get displayed in the edit window (the window is empty).

PS: Quote button, Preview tab etc. still missing in all browsers when composing forum replies.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 7:59 AM

Have you cleared your caches?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:38 AM

Yes. Both Opera & Flash cache cleared, but no help. I now need to browse this forum in Opera, but reply to posts in Chrome.  

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 9:10 AM

Opera is not a browser we test, but we will look into it and see what we can do.  sorry for the inconvenience.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 11:17 AM

Thanks a lot. Before today's update, Opera worked flawlessly in the forums. Another issue Opera users reported is that the main CLUBS/BALLS/BRANDS menu in the ProShop does not work in Opera.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2009 12:10 AM

Faterson:
    I now need to browse this forum in Opera, but reply to posts in Chrome.  

From bad to worse. As of this morning, it's no longer possible to be logged in this forum in both Opera & Chrome simultaneously. You get logged out in both browsers if you attempt to do that. Browsing the forums in the unwieldy Chrome is rather a pain, though.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:45 AM

The glorious Opera, Version 10, has just been released. The developers claim it's as standards-compatible as anyone could wish for, but this discussion forum still doesn't work in Opera (as described above). Neither are the CLUBS/BALLS/BRANDS submenu items on the ProShop homepage clickable.

Version 10 is supposed to be even faster than the previous versions, so I'm looking forward to trying to play the golf game itself in Opera. I had to give up playing it in Version 9; Opera is my primary browser and I need to have certain Opera windows open all the time, which led to meter stutter in Opera's gameplay window. I'll give it another try now.

Anyway, I don't mind playing the game in Google Chrome; that browser is good for graphics-related purposes. However, Chrome is unwieldy for browsing/participating in discussion forums, and it's just too bad the lightning-fast Opera can't be used in these forums. (Although the forums worked in Opera up until the last WGT update in mid-August.)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 2:32 PM

I could never interact with the site using opera from my Mac.   I just gave up and use firefox from that computer (I can't play from it anyway, it is really just a paperweight).

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 3:01 PM

Everything was more or less OK with Opera on this site until the last update on August 13th, when the discussion forums stopped working.

RSS