Forums

Help › Forums

EZ Swing Staters

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 4 2011 12:08 PM (1 replies)
  • sergioronaldo7
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2011 6:49 AM

Does not have the swing meter but only a power meter which seems to be making my shots go left or right even though the wind is straight up?

What can I do?

Go back to WGT Starters.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Mar 4 2011 12:08 PM

sergioronaldo7:
    What can I do?

EDIT:

Clearly WGT is still in the testing phase...personally, I think its a slippery slope when the meter hits itself.  It opens the door, even wider, for other effects that make the game unrealistic.  Making things easier might seem appealing, but keep in mind that it makes the game easier for the better players as well, so what is the advantage.       

I did some testing, on my own, with the EZ and the Starter (free) balls.  Although the chart stats appear the same as the Starter driver, WGT admits the EZ precision is not as good.  What I noticed, under full power, the ball scatters left and right compared to the Starter.  Under less power, like around 200 yards on the meter, I hit the fairway every time from the red tees.  Keep in mind I am accustomed to a faster meter so the Starter's meter is slow to me...I can read the paper and have a cup of coffee while I'm waiting.  I point this out because as a beginner, the Starter driver's meter will seem fast and may cause you may lean toward the EZ as a crutch.  I can assure you, the longer you are here, the better you will play and learning with the EZ, IMHO, will hold you back...especially when you are ready to use better equipment with even faster meters. 

Joey

PS: Keep in mind you can also slow the meter with premium balls.

RSS