Help › Forums

Tiers and Avg Scores

Sun, Nov 20 2016 12:49 AM (122 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:14 AM

alosso:
    What else?

Not a clue m8..hence the..   '??'   <--- !!

All I KNOW is my GF just reached saturation point playing 70% of games needed to do that on the Par 3 course.

Andy

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:30 AM

alcaucin:

alosso:
    What else?

All I KNOW is my GF just reached saturation point playing 70% of games needed to do that on the Par 3 course.

Andy

A member of The Peoples Club called EasyEdward reverse engineered the average formula when you play and defeat a higher tier player, he may be able to shed some light on the situation, although iirc he did state he was only really sure how it affected him personally. However iirc he said something like the effect of the defeat was a dramatic average lowering (a full point or perhaps two) but that this affect was gradually lessened over the next certain amount of RRs (25 is a number I seem to remember).

I don't know of anything about the effect (if any) on the saturation point though, although I would imagine that too could be affected.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:44 AM

Chinajohn:

alcaucin:

alosso:
    What else?

Andy

A member of The Peoples Club called EasyEdward reverse engineered the average formula when you play and defeat a higher tier player, he may be able to shed some light on the situation, although iirc he did state he was only really sure how it affected him personally. However iirc he said something like the effect of the defeat was a dramatic average lowering (a full point or perhaps two) but that this affect was gradually lessened over the next certain amount of RRs (25 is a number I seem to remember).

I don't know of anything about the effect (if any) on the saturation point though, although I would imagine that too could be affected.

Sal is already a Legend so it wouldn't matter who he beat.....and He's had the Ave to be a TL for a while now :)

We're talking about that He should be one by now with Ranked played.

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:59 AM

alcaucin:
    This is a valuable information - I may have guessed wrong...

On second thought, it is what I do while saving my rounds:

I exclude the Bo3/5 from the average but I've not yet excluded them from round counting.

Following my example, the average would stay unchanged, 6,200/100=62.00, and the 101 stands to the side, isolated.

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 5:34 AM

On third thought, an easier way to make TL:

- before tiering up to Legend, be sure to have enrolled to an (easy) unlimited monthly tournament.

- after tiering up, use the TM conditions in this tournament to play a round of 30 or a new average of 60.

- continue with Bo3 / Bo5 only, max 499 games.

- enjoy the top of the game!

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 6:41 AM

I do quite want to hit TL by hitting a 27 or something so I can strut a TL 54 average ;)

• paul167
    154 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:05 AM

does it make a difference what course you play and score you shoot and the conditions you play in to lower average? im hitting 30s at st Andrews and only improving by 0.01, 31 elsewhere and no improvement, im stuck and will be stuck at legend till the cows come home!

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:15 AM

alosso:

DRogers5864:

here's one that I don't understand, I'm a pro with a 72.3 ave. I have hardly ever been able to shoot a game with being at least 3 - 7 over but yet my average is well below what I think it should be. what is the deal with that???

1) only the best 15 rounds count towards a Pro average,
    (exceeding this minimum no. of ranked rounds (differing per tier) is called "saturation")

2) you shot at least 10x 36 and lower (2x for average calculation)

3) you have match play win(s) against higher tiers - they might push it down considerably.

I had 72.5 before I started playing MP games but I think I get the picture... 

TYVM for answering my question!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2013 2:10 PM

paul167:
    does it make a difference what course you play and score you shoot and the conditions you play in to lower average? im hitting 30s at st Andrews and only improving by 0.01, 31 elsewhere and no improvement, im stuck and will be stuck at legend till the cows come home!

Think I can answer that 1. NO the game only cares about 30 and below wherever shot ex par Bo3/5. Edit except for BoP3/5 counting towards the saturation figure as discussed above which is a damned shame IMO but discussed and leave that bit for you to read....

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2013 9:44 PM

All the fuss and talk would be settled if somebody would just post a table of the needed ranked matches to tier up and the score avg.

When do I tier up?! how?! besides beating legends in matchplays so that everybody else knows also. 

RSS