Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT April event: Pebble Beach

Thu, Aug 4 2016 9:13 AM (91 replies)
  • HIOSoon
    208 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 3:47 PM

bird putt from 13ft ended up DB on #4, can't speak right now!

• CycloneBoom
    684 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 4:58 PM

So round 2...

Had a great front 9 to make the turn in 34 (-2). The wind direction is a big factor indeed. Almost made three in a row, just missed the birdie at #6 hitting through the break.

Then the wheels came loose again at #10. After going OB in the first round, this time I over-compensated and landed left in the heavy rough. A poor approach came up short, then 2 putted for a double.

Hole #14 sure is a tough one, let alone with starter clubs. Downwind gets you closer, but not sure how you can stop it without having a short wedge. It's almost worth blazing it over the green, then trying to recover with more green to work with. Coming up short there is not good at all.

So in the end it was +5 on the back, a 75 (+3) overall.

Pleasing thing was no 3 putts this time. The slower green speeds certainly made the approaches a bit easier, even with the tees further back. Guess it balances out a bit.

Here's the pics:

Thanks Corwyn for running this event. :)

Was a good challenge, certainly tough, but I'll be sure to give it another go if it runs again.

Cheers,

-Cyclone

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 5:34 PM

ColumbusStorm:
    Played well. Almost forgot the club screen shot

Didnt forget the screen shot, but forgot the club screenshot lol.. Was too consumed with the putt I took print screen just with the putter.Although I played like putter was the only club in my bag ;) Got around in 24 putts in 74.

• DaniUnchained
    44 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 12:11 AM

R2: does a 2 put par from the fring (on 12) count as a 1 put save? If so i've 10 lol

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 8:02 AM

ColumbusStorm:
    Played well. Almost forgot the club screen shot, good thing I didn't hole out my 3rd on #18 ;-))

No kidding eh?  Good thing I didn't drain a 30-footer for birdie on #18 before taking the club screen shot.  Oh wait...

So after being bitten once...I wouldn't do the same thing in the second round would I?  Not quite anyway.  But I did manage to almost hole out my 3rd on #18 before actually getting around to taking those pesky screen shots.  Ya' think a guy'd learn eh?  ;-)

photo Pebble TIO - 3 Wood_zps9eu52t9r.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - 3 hybrid_zpsztperwxp.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - LW_zpswtxobsyv.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - Front9_zpsjkqg0urd.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - Back9_zpszutwecmv.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - Scoring_zpsez4dyzav.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - Driving_zpsxcdjto80.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - Approach_zpshnbll4zn.jpg

photo Pebble TIO - Putting_zpsh07iiojj.jpg

• Indianator
    104 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 11:41 AM

all putt in on front9 hole from 1 replay.aspx?ID=a5e9f5a7 b864 432b 8e96 a5ee011cee7f

good round then for red boxing bunker and 42 punch rolling back for fringe front then 75foot hit for =+3foot go into here      putt 11 hard long and lip for db= tripled ;(( bugger my round now aoops :)

internexion go 20 miutes,lose meter speed for a 3foot miss :(

ty WGTshamwow,posting straight in now :)

ty for this competitions :)

yours, Raul

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 5:03 PM

Opened another thread in Community Help, after getting a....

" Settled in Nicely" from the commentator when chipped this in....replay.aspx?ID=6631e67d 037e 4496 b07f a5ee018a75be

not heard it before and made me chuckle..  ;-))

taking these screen shots fooks up rhythm..1.9 ft putt miss on #16 you'lll see by card..just tapped it for 2 foot, forgetting steep uphill Grrrrrr................screwed head for next drive too ( bunked the c--t ) lmao

Have to learn to film / stream, nw's then..must learn computers more ;-))

Fun as Always C...thanks for all the effort put in

Andy

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2016 12:38 PM

Well, that was a pretty good recovery from my disastrous 80 in the first round. I believe I have the only sub-70 second round so far.

I don't have a lot of saved highlights because it was actually a pretty boring round. Hit a fairway, hit a green, make a putt. Plus a little bit of miss a fairway, lay up, hit a wedge to 10 feet or so, make a putt. At the turn my average distance to pin stood at around 9 feet, though it lengthened out on the back when I had to start going for the middle of the greens.

Tee shot on #5 to 2.5 ft to get to -4

May have gotten a bit too much on this pitch shot on #8, but good thing I left the flagstick in

Birdie from 29 ft #12 to reach -5 again

On #14 with favorable wind, I thought it could be a birdie hole or at least an easy par. But even though I added little extra power to my third shot, it caught the false front and rolled back to the fringe... leaving quite an interesting putt:

Of course I didn't putt it, although it likely wouldn't have been any worse if I had. That hump gives absolutely no place to land a shot with starter clubs, so I just went at the hole and WHEEEEEEEEEE! all the way off. I did get up and down for bogey though.

Coming into #17 I knew two pars would get me in the current top 5. So of course I took driver and went at the flag. I thought I had just as good a chance to make par as I would if I went at the front of the green, which is no gimme. But my dinged shot jumped left and failed to carry the bunker, then I attempted to hit a flop to keep it on the green, but didn't quite clear the rough. My second flop went nowhere and I missed the 10 foot putt for bogey.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2016 5:35 PM

Round 2:

Doing OK till I somehow managed to shoot way, way, left and OB on the last!

Proceded to hit, what was now, my 3rd shot from the tee and ended up taking a 6 to finish +1 for the round.

Had fun out here (did I really say that?).

Thanks to those involved with the hosting of the event.

• buey1950
    152 Posts
    Sun, Apr 24 2016 7:32 PM

Thanks

RSS