Forums

Help › Forums

Undisciplined go(o)(l)fers!

Sat, Mar 19 2011 9:23 PM (32 replies)
  • Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 3:58 AM

During the last weeks, I picked up alternate play and Blitz games, something I had not done before. These kind of games are more sociable and you get to know (new) people real fast. Although the competition factor is very much present, most players are around to play for fun, sharing some comments, passing quality time, having a good time and just enjoying themselves.

Multiple however are the occassions where some goofers come into play. I call them like that since those are the undisciplined characters who ruin and destroy the game, for themselves, but certainly and mostly to the other players in the game. What kind of fun is in it to back out on a game when you are behind, not playing your best game or get annoyed with a player that needs some time to shoot a ball? Is it really necessary then to disconnect and leave, specially in alternate play, a partner behind and frustrated adverseries? Trust me, it is anything but fun to have your third or more alternate play in a row seeing ended with a goofer disconnecting and yes, I am aware that it can be a computer problem but my experience learned me that this is not very often the case.

I would call upon these undisciplined ones to either change attitude to a far more positive level or just back off from social game playing. The majority of people on WGT will be thankful for it. Else, WGT should see to it that some ban or disqualifying acts to these social games can be created.

Any comments, non insulting, respectful and constructive will be gladly accepted and highly appreciated!

See you on the course!

VOYAGER9940

• TylerDurdenJr
    100 Posts
    Tue, Feb 22 2011 4:12 PM

I completely agree w/ your opinion regarding the entertaining aspect of alt shot and blitz. Two of my favorite things about the game. Yet just like in real life there will always be bad apples.

As far as I know WGT doesn't have a block feature like most sites which serve some type of social networking. Perhaps that's something they should look into?

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, Feb 23 2011 4:18 AM

Thanks for your comment Tyler!

WGT might indeed look into this matter, specially when it concerns recidivists who cut off games multiple times for no reason, certainly not for having a bad connection all the time. At least some warning or in worser cases a penalty or exclusion might be applicated by WGT.

Looking forward to see you on the golf course one day!

Regards,

Voyager9940

• SteveHarwood
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 7:25 AM

Perhaps an additional player rating to denote the number of rounds completed vs started in these modes? (Think eBay buyer/seller rating) Then you can decide whether or not to play with them.

Regards,
    Steve

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 5:11 PM

Dear Steve,

Not a bad idea! Maybe thus a player with a too low score average can be decided upon if he is allowed or not. The other players (the big bunch) with a high average score or even a perfect score, I would let them pass since they seem genuine and it is true that a bad connection can occur. Making the goofers branded (figure of speech) will also help I think in preventing them to continue in that way.

Thanks for commenting!

Voyager9940

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 8:42 PM

Just so you know, it is a thing in America we call Freedom.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 8:50 PM

then  you have this little thing called a notebook that you could write their names on

and not enter game with them. what gets to me are the people that join a alt shot game, pick teams the go POOF

-G

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2011 10:48 PM

SweetiePie:

LOL. What the freedom to be rude and ungracious in defeat.

Would you walk off a real golf course?

It's childish, unsporting behaviour. Those that partake in practice like that should stick to single player games. 

I agree entirely with the OP. Quit if you must, but at least send a message in the chat box.

OP acquire friends chief.

• TylerDurdenJr
    100 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 12:48 AM

SweetiePie:

You really think that WGT believe in freedom? lol

Freedom of speech?

Freedom of will?

Freedom of anything?

LOL

WGT is does not not rely on American philosophy. This much is apparent. It is indubitably a communist regimen.

• TylerDurdenJr
    100 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2011 12:54 AM

SweetiePie:

It's even worse than the now defunct USSR. Love to battle you in court some time pie. I would tear you to pieces and have the jury singing my name like an apolistic  place of faith.

RSS