Forums

Help › Forums

People! PEOPLE! CHANGE THE TOPIC HERE !

Wed, Mar 2 2016 6:03 AM (388 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 4:33 AM

MBaggese:
    Look, I have no want/need to be on Henry's friend list, but I am really disgusted by this thread, maybe Henry is to naive to understand the intent of this thread, but you all that have been contributing to the OP's "fun" (as well as the OP), ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

I would, except for the fact, unlike you, I actually accepted his friend request.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 4:40 AM

Cue Andrew Gold.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 5:24 AM

Henry claims to be a 37 yr police veteran...so I don't think "naive" is a word that applies here. Further, he is the first to admit he purposely stirs the chit with his posts, but Henry can also take the push back. I think he actually enjoys the resulting theatre he creates. Henry simply is who he is.

But, this thread (like soooo many others) seems to bring anger and personal animosity out in people. This thread now has very little to do with Henry.  It has become about the reasons it was started, about "trolls" never answering questions, even about third parties being referenced (in this case, Alosso). 

Accusations, sarcasm, personal attacks...this seems to be what most threads morph into, regardless of the original subject matter.

The theme is consistent, the only thing that ever changes are the players involved.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 9:41 AM

Hi Paul..all good, my friend..but to clarify a few things:

1.  No where in my post did I say that I'm not as guilty as some others re: veering a thread off track, or stating things that some might deem as controversial. Unlike Henry, I certainly don't do it simply to stir the pot... I am well aware of the posts I've written, as well as why I have written them. 

2. I will leave any history that you and Alosso have between you two...I like and respect both of you, and neither of you need my help in defending yourselves.

3. I never stated, nor implied, that your responses were not clear and calmly posed. I try to do the same when I am challenged, but often that approach just angers a few people who had nothing to do with the thread previous to that...(read my back and forth with SteveW in the lets be honest thread...it's a good example)

4. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else. There is also nothing wrong, or sinister about reading and posting in this forum...that's what it was designed for, no? (I don't understand why a term like troll is even used)

5. Whether I agree with everything that is written is not the point. I usually learn something, and always enjoy reading the posts and contributing to any subsequent debate.

cheers,

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Feb 18 2016 10:50 AM

Get a room FFS!

RSS