Help › Forums

Bird putt

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 30 2009 4:59 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 10:51 AM

I left a bird putt short on#1 Bethpage but it gave me credit for it going in? I can use all the help I get but this is too much help.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 11:42 AM

Had one like that on 11. Putting for par, ball disappeared in the hole ,was waiting for the par banner. Nope, .2 to go  : (

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 1:08 PM

Hi Fuzzy, so your putt did not go in but you saw the "Birdie" message come up? Did you submit a bug to us by right-clicking?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 2:45 PM

While we're at it, a related bug is that when you're in a multi-player game & someone finishes a hole ahead of other players, his ball's "distance from pin" is shown as 1 inch on the overhead mini-map.

(By the way, it appears impossible to hit a shot that will stop 1 inch from pin. It's either 2 inches from pin or in. Has anyone experienced a tap-in from 1-inch distance in this game?)

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 4:58 AM

No, 2 inches is the closest.

• exvcardn
    13 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 4:04 PM

Was that a bird?

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2009 5:17 PM

I did save the replay and I have a screen shot of the scorecard if thats helps. Big difference what one shot can do,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 3:43 AM

You know, since a ball inside the cup is shown as 1 inch from pin on the overhead mini-map, maybe your putt ended up being 1 inch from pin, and that's why (the reverse procedure!) it was shown to be inside the cup. Right now in this game, it looks like 1 inch from pin = inside the cup. Looks like a bug to me, as there can be quite a few putts that end up being 1 inch (or less) from cup edge. Just think of this famous shot – if it hadn't fallen in, there would have been a few millimeters left.  

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 4:08 PM

The putt didnt go in Frateson. Could you start a thread with your bug so wGT wont minunderstand which bug is being talked about. Thxs

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2009 4:24 PM

I'm just saying the 2 bugs may be related, because if inside the cup is routinely interpreted as 1 inch left to pin, then your unfinished putt of what looks to me like (less than) 1 inch left from cup edge (I watched your replay) may have been interpreted as inside the cup. (I'd hate to mess up your bug thread, Fazzyguzz.)  

• PAGES
RSS