Forums

Help › Forums

Less sweeps please.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 3 2009 2:52 PM (32 replies)
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 5:25 PM

Yaaaa... I hear ya.. I just like the $75 or $50 ($150 for you masters) better than the $5 worth of credits. Hopefully that will return next month. If not, maybe I will just start focusing more on my stroke play.

edit= $1.80 worth of credits for 1st place rather than $5

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:00 PM

A couple of observations and suggestions about the,  CTTH Sweeps, CTTH Top Score and Stroke Play.  I know this is not perfect and has some flaws but let me hear something better. I always said Career Earnings was the proper ranking method and I believe I am on the right track here.

CTTH Top Sweeps- This game gives all players the chance to play nice courses for fun and to get their name on the leader board, at the same time anyone can win in a Random drawing. Sure it hurts that some of us paid $10.00 twice for Pine Hurst which was reduced to $5.00 later, and it hurt more that a player that joined WGT on May 24, 2009 six days before the tournament started won the trip; however all people that entered had the same chance.  What is so shocking is that only 30-40 people are paying to play, while thousands are playing the free sweeps. What is wrong with you players, I am ranked 23, 620 for the Pilsner Urquell and 5000 plus for another CTTH sweeps.  I know WGT have the advertisers, but we should Support the Game.  People should pay $1.00-$2.00 for all the CTTH Sweeps not $5.00 to $10.00.  I have stopped paying to enter tournaments because players will not enter unless it is free. Please lower the price and you will get as many players as you have in the freebies. The great trips, gift cards and other awards should be only in CTTH Sweeps/Random winners for an entry fee. Play the game; try your Luck for a $1.00 or $2.00. Have multiple winners.  All trips should be sweeps only.  This is a computer game for fun and to play some nice courses. 

CTTH Top Score- These tournaments should be free always with minimum awards $5-$10 gift cards and credits.  The same 5-10 people will always win, but at least 1000,s will have a shot to pull off an upset. Again this is all in fun.  No one will pay when there is no chance.

Stroke Play- The tournaments should be changed dramatically!  Ninety Percent of them should be free with minimum awards, again $5.00-$10.00 and credits.   The pay to play tournaments should use the handicap system.  Take the players tournaments scores and handicap them.  I like to shoot at the top players but it is hard to win.  The same players will win all the time.  Players will pay if they get a stroke or two. (Example my Tournament average may be 64 and another player 60, I should get two strokes and decrease the strokes as my average goes down). I will pay to enter when the results at the end of the day can go either way. Each player gets the number of strokes upfront so all the players entering can determine if they want to play.  Otherwise the best will beat you every time and there are only 5 or so that will win it always. Example, look at the player that shoots  a 61 or 59 and never win 1st place, He should get at least one stroke per round out the door, heck I scored a 63 and finished 12th.  Many others are good and we do not have a chance, make it fun.  The big guns will know from the start what they must do. Why pay when on the last day you will be knocked down and out. With a handicap, it is what it is. A COMPUTER GAME FOR FUN.  The big awards are in the Random Drawing only. Pay to Play Stroke Tourneys  can have a big award with handicaps only. Not to knock you great players but I like the direction WGT is going.  This should be about fun and not to win every time out and take all the great awards.

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:30 PM

One last thought, A player can enter the Sweeps up to 10 times at a cost of $1.00-$2.00 dollars per score posted, post ten different scores and have their name in the hat 10 times for the best trips and awards

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 9:28 PM

Skipman.....

No offense to you... but... if you are playing the game just for fun, then why do you care about how the prizes are distributed? If I read your post correctly, you think that all prizes should be luck of the draw. I can't disagree more with you. I understand that most players will never be good enough to win anything based on talent. Sweeps are good for that reason. There will always be more losers than winners. But... I don't think the premium tournaments should be done away with. Why penalize a player because he/she is better than others? I think the best players should win the most money/prizes. Isn't that what competition is all about?  I think the idea of using a handicap system is absolutely impossible. Each and every player can set their average to whatever they want within a couple hours time accurate to within a half a stroke or so.

anyway... Maybe you should just keep playing the game "just for fun" and take that $1 or $2 that you are talking about... go buy a lottery ticket and if you get lucky and win, you can buy all the trips you want.

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 7:27 AM

Addendum to my earlier Post: I digress and reiterate that ALL TRIPS, GIFT CARDS OR ANY AWARD OVER $25.00 IN CASH OR VALUE CAN BE WON IN A CTTH RANDOM SWEEPS FORMATONLY!  

The twist is the number of opportunities a player gets to be randomly selected for the award.

Top Ten (10) Player in the selection pool 10 times

Top Twenty (20) 8 times in the pool

Top Thirty (30) 6 times in the pool

Top Forty (40) 5 times in the pool

Top Fifty (50) 4 times in the pool

Top Sixty (60) three times in the pool

Top Seventy (70) 2 times in the pool.

Everybody below the top 70 gets one shot!

This will make it fun and competitive.  The higher you finish the more chances you have to be selected for the Best awards.  It will be a war to the last day and last minute, and you can count on SkipMan20 always in the Top 20.

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 7:55 AM

Speedy, no offense taken, I hear you and understand your feelings. No.1. It will be very hard to sand bag your tournament avg.  No.2 as a former baseball player we all worked for a living everyday to better our craft, we all had the same time, facilities, and coaches working with us. In that system as in pro golf everything is equal as preparation is concerned. The only difference is how much time a player puts in on top of the all access one has to be the best. There is equal opportunity. Speedy this is a computer golf game where all is not equal, but all is fun.  Lifestyles, work life, and other factors come into play. You speak of the best in a computer game, it could be a retired person, or a computer whiz, with hours to play vs. a working professional, so let’s make it fun and anybody can win.

Now don't you take offense Speedo but I just looked at your profile and it figures a guy who joined in May 2009 when I have been here since April 2008 would run off at the mouth.  Speedo you have not won 10 cent, and you are a Pro, so yeah you think you can win on that level.  You must be sand bagging Speedo to be running your mouth like this.  I have only $96 bucks, but man I had to do that playing the best in this game, you should be quiet Speedo, You have no clue buddy; come up here to the Masters Level and you will never ever win a red cent. As they say in the PGA, Man these Guys and Gals are Good!  You sand bagging to stay on the Pro Level, funny Speedo, you need to buy a lottery ticket because from this day forward if you get to my level I will make certain you are below me. Got It, now do not take offense Speedo.

Good Day Pro

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 8:44 AM

Skip, Speedy has it closer than you do hun. We need less sweeps not more. Less unlimited not more. There has to be some sort of competetion for prizes here, no matter what the history of wgt has been.

I still think if you had a buyin to only a certain amount of tourneys this would solve alot of things. Say you have 6 premium tourneys and have it so you could only pick 3 of them. This would spread the wealth while also not totally having the top players playing "lottery" golf in 1-2 tourneys. Cut the prizes in half and have 3x as many. The pro tier still has too much value to their prizes, that's where the extra could be made up. Right now that tier is so full of sandbaggers it's laughable.

What you're proposed is total "lottery" golf in all tourneys, that's not golf, here or in real life.

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 8:59 AM

One more point to consider:  In real life sports; baseball, football, basketball, hockey, or golf; the new players and hard working players can sometimes catch and beat the best, but usually this occurs because of factors such as a great player getting old, complacency , injuries, contract disputes, attitude, or just having a bad day. In contrast to computer golf; a new player like Speedo or a good player like me can increase their scores going from a 65 to a 63 or a Gitthe going from a 61 to a 59, but the above factors in real sports/golf do not come into play because the great players in computer golf will go from a 60 to a 58 and so on. In the virtual world a player does not digress 98% of the time.  In computer golf the best will always be better if they are better today; there is no possible way for 99% of the players to catch up in a virtual world. So in actuality; it is like Lotto; one in a million to ever win once the computer players ability and skills are in place in the virtual game of WGT Golf.

THINK ABOUT IT WILL YA!

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 9:01 AM

ncviz, yeah i hear you, good thinking I must admit. I am all for what is good and what we all agree to.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 9:12 AM

I must say that I do take offense to the accusations.... lol.. I am not a sandbagger. I prefer to play closest to the hole competitions. I started a thread a while back stating that I felt that their should be seperate levels for stroke play and ctth. I also stated that I should be in the master tier for ctth. I am not good enough to compete in the master tier in stroke play. A lot of that has to do with my putting. I have some good rounds occasionally when my putter swing meter is not jumping too bad. Anyway... I realize that you have been here longer than me and I do respect experience in most cases. It is just that in this case, I think your theory on prize distribution is just plain silly.

RSS