Forums

Help › Forums

Less sweeps please.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 3 2009 2:52 PM (32 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 9:44 AM

Ya know, I am really tired of all the CTTH challenges being sweepstakes only. It didn't used to be this way, there was one or two a month that would reward crs for high scores. Not to mention the weekly ones.

Maybe I got this wrong but in the sweeps tournaments it really doesn't matter how you finish does it. 4,000th place has just as much chance of winning as 1st? And what does 1st earn? Some dignity? And the international stroke play "for bragging rights" is just...well, lame. Might as well do it for a charity or something, I don't even bother playing it.

CTTH used to be one of my favorites, plus I was winning some of them. Now I just play a few of the good ones and without a care of how good or bad my score is.

Please make these worth playing again WGT. Thanks.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 9:47 AM

I've stated the same elsewhere before, but yes that gets my vote too.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 10:03 AM

Yes Boo now I just enter them just to get my chance at the prize...except for when I try just a little bit to top my nemesis Miket4484 who took that flag that I was trying for 3 months to get.  =)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 12:21 PM

This is a diificult argument for me because I can see both sides.  I thought I would put my 2¢ in here to see if I can be persuaded to fall on one side or the other.

Sweeps (Pro position)  --  I suck.   Simple really.  I can't play this game, for whatever reason, at a highly competitive level.  I like to enter a tourney and have a chance to win, just by entering.  I certainly am not going to win by my skill.  So I have a chance by pressing "enter".  Yay me.

Also, there are way too many cheats and frauds on this game in the lower tiers,  You have many many masters who have 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 12th accounts to play these tiers and come out on top everytime.  They are the ones who are going to score best because they CAN compete at the highest levels.  So, winning the golf does not equal winning the prizes.

Sweeps (Con position)  --  When and if I don't suck, and I win, I want to win the prize.  Kind of like the 8 year olds in the soccer league where everybody gets a trophy for participating.. .it's just wrong.  Winners should get the prizes, losers should learn to work harder.

So there you have it... the competitive side of me wants less sweeps, but the realistic side (which knows I suck at this game) likes them around.

I am conflicted.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 12:49 PM

Snaike> It sounds like playing the game, just for the enjoyment, isn't enough for you. Otherwise you wouldn't be conflicted.

I, too, suck at this game. Every time I put a couple of birdies on the card they are followed by two or three double bogies. But I enjoy playing, even though I realize I will, in all likelihood never win a dime. 

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 10:06 PM

Well I'm just saying, as the post is titled "less sweeps please." Give us a few weekly and monthly top score CTTH tournaments, not do away with it completely. I mean even I like to buy scratch tickets. =)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 11:06 AM

Hi mrboo, thanks for your suggestions. We have some changes planned for August where the default course sweepstakes tournaments will run monthly (instead of weekly), and the weekly tournaments will all be leaderboard-based. These will include one CTTH format.

• marsusack
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 12:20 PM

I'm with you...I really enjoy this game , I play for sheer enjoyment; I'm at the pro tier with a 78.5 scoring avg!  I "suck" in tournament play shooting in the 80s at best, so I play practice rounds a lot, I seem to score better at Bethpage than I do at the Ocean Course, Just completed a practice rd at Bethpsge, had 4 birdies on the front and 1 on the back...ended up shooting 73......the "bogey holes" on the back kill me..especially # 15 !           Only a game.....no prizes for me......but playing this game is a winner!!!

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 12:27 PM

Right on Alex, sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for your reply.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 7:50 AM

Right, so now there are 11 sweepstakes based CTTH tournaments and *1* score based for August.

So much for fewer sweeps.

RSS