Forums

Help › Forums

Less sweeps please.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 3 2009 2:52 PM (32 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:30 AM

Let me just say....*sniffle* Not only is there just one, but it's hardly worth playing with that sort of payout. So much for looking forward to August, it's here and I'm not impressed. Oh well, back to the lottery I guess. =(

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 8:59 AM

Well, it's not that bad, 1500 credits. But why can't spaniards play? It's exactly the same as the other weekly tournaments which we can play, so why not these?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 9:52 AM

As we posted here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/3688.aspx, we are going through some transitions with tournaments so there will be some awkwardness and yes, too many sweeps. By next week there will be three less sweeps and you will see the two new weekly 9-hole and CTTH leaderboard challenges. After that we have even more changes planned, so thanks for your patience.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 11:23 AM

I went to bed last night thinking, "oh, well I guess there was a glitch and half the stroke play tourneys didn't show up.  They'll be up by the morning probably."  No. 

There is no premium tournament for me to play this month which is kind of a bummer. :(   Unless you're holding off for the update, it doesn't seem likely that premium tournaments would start mid-month.  What happened to the specific Tier Opens?  Those were good tourneys.

Kinda feeling a little let down at the moment after the recent barrage of tourneys but, we'll see what happens I guess.  Maybe we'll get a big surprise in a few weeks,  I dunno.

And a "meh" falls over the crowd... :-)

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 1:39 PM

At least the new Stroke Play tournaments are "unlimited play", which is good to keep me playing, instead of getting bored. But, there should be more Stroke Play then Sweeps. There are way too many of them. So now im stuck playing 3 stroke play tournaments, and too many Sweeps!!

-ED

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 2:18 PM

Chavez, you've been stuck here 8 weeks! Try close to 800 rounds, then complain!

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 2:20 PM

I agree

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 2:47 PM

However, that brightens my day considerably. :)

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 3:00 PM

the premium closest to the hole competition at wolf creek has been yanked as well. That was the tourney I played the most because of the gift card prizes. I have played all the sweeps rounds and now I need to find another hobby for the rest of the month.... bummer...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2009 3:15 PM

Don't forget sc there will be a weekly top-score CTTH for credits starting Monday.  There's also a monthly top-score CTTH for credits on Edgewood.

RSS