Forums

Help › Forums

GETTING TRUE SCORES POSTED

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:48 PM (33 replies)
  • CParker
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 13 2009 9:49 PM

I agree too. I can not get through a match game without someone disconnecting because of a bad shot. I would like to see that changed as well.

• tabasco49
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 6:15 AM

more power to you chris, i am sick and tired of so called great golfers disconnect on me when they have a bad hole.  this happens all the time

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2009 10:39 AM

This is a great idea............how can anyone argue this? 

Saying that is disrupts your  (single player psyche is ridiculous) 

If you play in real life, you have millions of distractions.  I have played golf competitively in high school, college and pro (Hogan Tour, yes I know that makes me old LOL)

If you quit a round you are DQ'd for that tourney and if it happens often you are DQ'd from that type of competition.

I have also (admittedly) quit several rounds for various reasons.  Everyone I am sure had.  

But, I readily welcome this type of accountability.  I have posted approximately 260 rounds.

This is a great game, (here and in the real world, in the great outdoors) 

Thank you and ALL have a great day

Good luck and play hard!

• average
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:17 PM

have a counter that keeps track of how many disconnects one has.put it right in the 1st page of their profile.im sure that would take care of the problem very fast.

• yeahright1248
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 6:45 AM

quitting is sweet man

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:20 AM

Posting stats on how many games you start v. complete is something we are looking into. We would need to make sure we count only the self-disconnected games...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 2:04 PM

% of ranked games forfeited would be my suggestion, which, I think is what you just said. :D

I'd love to see something like that so long as we have the ability to play unranked multiplayer rounds.

• SkipMan20
    29 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:59 PM

Yes sir you are correct, I post only 60,s and 29,s outside tourney play. Besides, why do I have to post a score according to your time/clock? You have no idea how long and when I play.  You need to understand that playing the game is about managing my average. I will not post a 31 to win $1.50, or post a 67(for your info bud, I could have posted a 66 on the Black yesterday). If there were credits or gifts for the top ten on the Black I will post a 67, until then, I post when I want buddy.   I was smart with my posting and you are not.  You are jealous of the Ranking; well here is some understanding for you son!  I do not really care about watching the pros at Pebble, why? Because I have played Pebble twice, and every course within 20 miles of it, I have watched the pros at the Masters 6 times, plus others courses including the Memorial.  I attended the Ryder Cup each day! Since you are mad, dig this son,  I have played 7 of the top 10 golf courses in the world rated by Golf digest, I have played courses in  Ireland,, Scotland, Hawaii, and  Madrid ,including every course at Pinehurst , also Doral ,Bay Harbor, Black Wolf Run River, Whistling Straits, TPC Saw Grass Stadium(my bag tag is from Saw Grass boy), Snowmass Aspen, Troon North, every  course from Vegas to Bullhead AZ from Cape May NJ  down to Savannah, Ga.  I have played 8 TPC courses son; these are just the big names.  Face it boy we have a different motivation, Winning credits, gifts, and trips are great for the game, but it is not my motivation. Personally I would rather see someone else win that has never played the courses. I never compete for virtual clubs because I bought my clubs, others who cannot buy the clubs need them more.  People like you think we should follow your lead.   If I win it would be great. I understand there are at least 100 golfers out there that are good and we can beat each other up, but there are an elite 4 or 5 and like Tiger they cannot be beaten often, if at all, so therefore I play my average and try to sneak a few credits, grab a gift card, or if I am lucky I could win a free round of golf.  I love this game;  I mean I love it, it is the best and hardest game I have played with the best graphics.   WGT is banging boy, so enjoy the game and get off my Jock.  You guys kill me withy the thinking I should just post every score.  Explain that! Plus this is not real golf Buckeye, IT IS A GAME TO BE MANAGED AS SUCH !

• TTIIMM62
    37 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 2:00 PM

Did you foget to take your meds. today SKIPMAN.....

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 2:06 PM

Normally I'd agree with you SkipMan, but this time you got it all wrong.  It's a whole new ballgame out there, and those old scores that we used to get that really low average aren't there to be had anymore.  Basically what you're saying is you're never going to post a score at Bethpage Black, other than one to qualify with(maybe).  If you take a look at how they deal with Kiawah now, we're on the longer tees with strong winds.  Face it man, you might not shoot your average again.  Your current average was based on Amateur tier conditions and distances, and that's not what your tier ranking is anymore.  Just because WGT got it wrong by not clearing the leaderboards doesn't mean you should too by never posting any scores.   It just doesn't make any sense.

You might as well give it up, you'll never reach the record low average I had at 55 anyway, so what's the point?

RSS