Help › Forums

Is this a golf site???

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 19 2011 6:46 AM (41 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 10:19 PM

piztaker:

What part of "Current Events" don't you understand?

only the part that doesn't pertain to golf!  my 2 cents.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 10:22 PM

Crazyman2:

piztaker:

What part of "Current Events don't you understand?

Current Events -(Discuss the latest news in golf)

Maybe you should read the whole of the topic rather than the top line

" As taken from WGT terms"

Posting Etiquette

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.

What part of the above terms as set out by WGT do YOU and others not understand

Trashing a country I do believe would,  or could have been construed to "provoke a reaction"  It certainly provoked me when mine was. Like most people that have pride in their homeland I was offended to witness such behaviour. It shows a lack of respect and also a lack of control by the site itself

Maybe you haven't noticed how many "current events" have been taken off-topic and resulted in a religious or political derailing from an otherwise innocent post by its' originator.  Many, many times you will notice the trait of flame-baiting to cause the thread to crash.

Unfortunately, some are allowed to proceed without recourse, and these "potentially dangerous" flame-baiters/trolls" should be brought to task and forced to adhere to the terms as set out by the site owners.

well said, agree 100%. not my 2 cents, but heartedly concur.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 10:25 PM

Steelsings:

Some people say that “yelling” is just a form of affection.  Some will say that Greeks or Italians or Hispanics or some other group are an “emotional” people who are “touchy feel-ly” and “yell” a lot.  Some say lawyers have a disposition to argue, yell, fight.  Some say the way to make friends is to argue with them.  But Congresswoman Giffords was killed when a disturbed man yelled and held hate in his heart and mind and that argumentative mind set led him to act out in violence toward someone he did not know.  This is not the time to reject conversation, negotiation, information sharing.  This is not the time to reject quickly moving information to those who need it to end their fears and concerns.  It is the time to end the stupification (the act of dumbing down on purpose. to make someone stupid) of humanity.

Congresswoman Giffords:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41002448#40994420

The Ugly Mood in Arizona:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/41002448#41000205

yes, agreed, but somewhere else, not on a golf game web site.  my 2 cents.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 10:49 AM

Where is a womans hair curliest?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 11:08 AM

Fiji.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 12:56 PM

I hate women with curly hair-especially on the top lip .

Are you the real neil diamond - forever in blue jeans .

• RobNE
    74 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 8:54 AM

Totally endorse and support Spider's thoughts here. A golf game site (and a pretty good one at that) is how most reasonable people will view WGT when coming here.

So it baffles me how there are pretty active threads based around sentiments like "education in X is substandard", "everyone from this place is essentially a terrorist or a redneck or [whatever]", "don't lecture me (while I'm lecturing you)" [ah, blessed irony], "the god I worship would kick your god's ***", etc.

WTF?  And FFS!  If you want to spout vitriol and invective, please do it on someone else's time.  Before you suggest I stop reading the threads, I'll say that I do enjoy the fact that we have the discussion boards, so I won't stop.  Lots of useful and entertaining stuff here.  What I expect, though, are threads that are vaguely relevant to what I'm here for.

Let's just play!  And talk about how to get better at playing.

See you on the green stuff.

Rob

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 8:36 PM

Steelsings:

Express yourself:

Feel free to say what you must.  It’s your first amendment right guaranteed under the Constitution. 

First Amendment - Religion and Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You just can’t yell fire in a crowded theatre.

please read my latest entry on "what is happening?" thread it is in direct response to the statement you made on that thread that is exactly the same as this one.  what happened you run out of ideas? i hope so.  would like to see the end of your non-golf entries on a golf game web site.

RSS