Forums

Help › Forums

Is this a golf site???

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 19 2011 6:46 AM (41 replies)
  • Spiders1
    358 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:11 AM

Just wondering why these posts sound more like CNN than helping someone with game.

We are now on gun control, saving the whale, and people bashing other countries. And I see some guys know something about every topic in here.

Just wonder if they have no other outlet for there views. I come here to play golf with friends not read latest news from around the world.

Wish all the best,

Spiders1

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:26 AM

Imagine playing a round of real golf with a person like that.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:29 AM

Spiders1:
    Just wondering why these posts sound more like CNN than helping someone with game.

If you want tips on how to play the game, I would suggest the Game Tips or Community Help section.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:19 AM

What part of "Current Events" don't you understand?

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:30 AM

Spiders1:

We are now on gun control, saving the whale, and people bashing other countries. And I see some guys know something about every topic in here.

Just wonder if they have no other outlet for there views. I come here to play golf with friends not read latest news from around the world.

Wish all the best,

Spiders1

This aint Bashing, this is a Heated Debate.  I doubt very much if it will be the last. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:35 AM

luckysump:
    This aint Bashing, this is a Heated Debate.  I doubt very much if it will be the last. 

And interesting to read too.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:49 AM

YankeeJim:
    interesting to read

Ah, the volume about the manatees and the teddy bears, yes, that was fascinating.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 12:28 PM

How to catch a haggis ,

since it has three legs - two long and one short - the best way is to chase it anti-clockwise around a hill so eventually it will topple over and then you just pick it up .

Or you could get charle to shoot it .

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 1:31 PM

piztaker:

What part of "Current Events don't you understand?

Current Events -(Discuss the latest news in golf)

Maybe you should read the whole of the topic rather than the top line

" As taken from WGT terms"

Posting Etiquette

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.

What part of the above terms as set out by WGT do YOU and others not understand

Trashing a country I do believe would,  or could have been construed to "provoke a reaction"  It certainly provoked me when mine was. Like most people that have pride in their homeland I was offended to witness such behaviour. It shows a lack of respect and also a lack of control by the site itself

Maybe you haven't noticed how many "current events" have been taken off-topic and resulted in a religious or political derailing from an otherwise innocent post by its' originator.  Many, many times you will notice the trait of flame-baiting to cause the thread to crash.

Unfortunately, some are allowed to proceed without recourse, and these "potentially dangerous" flame-baiters/trolls" should be brought to task and forced to adhere to the terms as set out by the site owners.

RSS