Forums

Help › Forums

Ok Alt shot is pretty good. What do you want next?

Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:27 AM (39 replies)
  • columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 8:25 AM

Weekly tourneys Oakmont

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 9:41 AM

I used to play "wolf" or "lone wolf" in the real world.  I was a really bad 18+ handicap, my friends were pretty low (about +4 to +10) and sometimes I dreaded hacking the ball around them.  This game made it actually fun and competitive for everyone.  Could work really well @ wgt w/ different tiers playing together.

here are the rules:

http://golf.about.com/cs/golfterms/g/bldef_wolf.htm

this is probably too much though.  I would love Oakmont weekly & cc tournaments and concede options.  Best ball and "advanced" condition options for alternate shot would be awesome.  Nothing would be awesome too, I love this game.

oh, and a marriage/family counselor if/when CCC becomes available.

• SiCk0
    205 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 9:56 AM

Would like a program to be able to change player to look like the person that plays.

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 10:07 AM

I think one of the best, and most beneficial things for most players would be game improvement areas. It's been mentioned on a thread before:

1. Putting practice - Have an area where you can go and just putt (doesn't have to be different greens to what we have already, just something we can do to improve our putting without playing the whole courses)

2. Chipping/Pitching practice - As with the putting, just different scenarios (like CTTH, but for close up shots)

3. Driving Range - pretty self explanatory - and obviously to improve driving accuracy

I like the ideas of other game types also, particularly the wolf and lone wolf games, sound quite fun

And definitely, definitely, get Oakmont into the weekly/monthly tourneys!!!!!

Oh and one last thing (this is turning into a long post). As I mentioned in a thread yesterday, and others have mentioned before - ping ratings would be good too!

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 10:48 AM

I think a 4 man 3 hole shoot-out would be quite easy for them to implement. They already have the 3 hole game as a practice round. As you play each hole and there are ties all they would have to do is add a CTTH hole which they also have to decide the ties. Doesn't matter which CTTH they use. The shot closest to the pin of the tied players moves on.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 11:38 AM

...and a pony.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 2:48 PM

Just in case WGT's listening...

On topic: I'd like WGT to change the alt shot "5 minute limit" to something more "invite-friendly"... maybe just resetting the 5 minute timer to zero each time someone joins the foursome would work?

A Bit Off Topic: When a game invitation is opened, I'm given the opportunity to give a reason why I have to decline the game invite. Why can't this ability be extended to when I open a friend invitation? Even if it was a multiple choice checkbox thing, i.e...

"Sorry I can't accept your friend invitation at this time, because...

• my friends list is at it's practicable limit (only 255 "show-up" in my friends list)."

Hmmm... I guess we wouldn't really need a checklist... I honestly tried to think of other reasons but couldn't come up with any. lol  :/

• edII
    31 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:08 AM

I would like to see a four-day tournament on same course, just like weekly PGA events. Four eighteen hole rounds, like a real tournament. Something to think about. edII

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:29 AM

edII:
    I would like to see a four-day tournament on same course, just like weekly PGA events.

I agree. But WGT has that format in a monthly premium tournament. It should definiely be implemented on a weekly basis.

I would like to add to zag's post. A four-man, stroke-play stabelford scoring format would be something interesting. Points for eagle, birdie, par, and so on.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:53 AM

I would like to see something like a notepad for each hole (or course.)  I ran across this "oops" on WGT's part a year ago-a notepad that opened and closed but didn't do anything. It looks like it may have been left over from something they used in development but to have it work would be seriously beneficial to many.

RSS