Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Block the meter complainers from the forums

Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:56 AM (55 replies)
  • CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 7:03 PM

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!  -10 on SA on 17 tee.. game has behaved BEAUTIFULLY for 16 holes, when, not once, but TWICE, I get the stuck meter on the tee shot and put it in one of the hotel rooms...   Seriously, wtf is up with that?  I'm playing practice rounds, playing for fun, or playing badly, it NEVER happens... in RG's when I have a good round going, it ALWAYS happens.. Why am I not surprised anymore?  I just laugh now... and post my frustration to this board...

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 7:33 PM

andyson:
    I just wish I knew what features WGT has in mind for the final product and an approximate date when it would be available

I have that info, but please do not tell WGT that I said so, because at this time I am being moderated, but if this does make it to print

575 driver with a dial that you can adjust from 250 thru 575, and a wind meter attachment to finalize  your swing

A putter that will sink 101 ft putts, with the necessary equipment to adjust for green speed and slant. When that product hits the deck, WGT is then planning on a new game called, money is not important, just how happy your clients are. This game will consist of envelopes addressed to wgt to show them how unimportant money is. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 7:53 PM

it's funny that no one mentions the good shots they've had due to the meter stuttering....i've had some howlers (usually on RG's by the way) but i've had meter bumps and landed in the cup.

more than usual it's landed me in the smelly stuff though

tbe

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 8:00 PM

revel in meter glitches I think not. JB

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 8:21 PM

thebigeasy707:
    it's funny that no one mentions the good shots they've had due to the meter stuttering...

Funny you should mention that, Easy'. My longest putt >100ft w/meter racing past ding to nearly a whiff,

Mac, if it will make you feel any better -6 on 17 (9-H RG) Final score?....ahhh never mind.    

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 8:24 PM

VanHalenLover:
    Now if only we could get you past the innuendos that start all of this crap!

Don't count on it. I have a memory like an elephant and I will remember you.  :-)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 8:27 PM

oneputtdavid:
    -6 on 17 (9-H RG)
    Umm...?  Yeah , your right david ;  nevermind...lol

Ace

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 8:48 PM

C"mon u dissenters in real golf 99.9% couldn't play as well as you play on wgt and these courses in real life. The meter actually helps to make it more realistic. If it were perfect someone would probably invent a timer so that every shot was a ding. LOL Live with it. Top of the line graphics more than make up for a shaky meter which is better than a ruined game. When I was really serious about the game and when I get the 280 yard driver I may be again, I could spot a meter I wanted to let pass a mile away. There is something to be said here about aiming a little to the fat part of the green, having a ding go a yard past with anything close to a ding a sure bird, and basically not trying to make it clown golf. Although some still can, with what? Magic computers? 

Also I went on to say all the new threads on the same subject is what is most irritating. Certainly a new thread post is still a post and those new threads are what the meaning of my thread is about, not blocking every comment about meters.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 9:19 PM

YankeeJim:
    Don't count on it. I have a memory like an elephant and I will remember you.  :-)

That was the EXACT point YJ. I'm sure we will go down this road again some time in the future. My question to you is this: for what? You have already learned that your pissing and moaning is going to go nowhere, and you have already learned that no matter how jilted you feel, it is unjustified.

What do you hope to get out of this asinine behavior down the road?

• REZMAN144
    62 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 4:05 AM

Not sure here if 6packmike is an employee or a wannabe, however, as long as the terms of agreement for this game have not been violated, censorship of posts really is not warranted.  I feel your pain and I know it can be frustrating at times, just choose which ones to read and which ones not to read.

REZMAN

RSS