Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Block the meter complainers from the forums

Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:56 AM (55 replies)
  • CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 7:37 AM

I play RG's most of the time, and, ironically, when playing with others (been doing the alternate shot game a lot since it came out) I don't have the meter problems I have in RG's.  Why, I have no idea. 

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 7:45 AM

: )

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 8:34 AM

I've asked a few players who suffer badly what they do prevent it, and the answer is always "Nothing".

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 10:44 AM

The term "Beta release" has evolved since its inception.

In the classic, original sense, the content of a Beta release contained all the features of the final product and Beta Testing exposed it to a select user base to find bugs you couldn't with a smaller internal test team.  The duration of a Beta release was usually months.  New features or feature enhancement mentioned by the Beta testers were usually slated for later releases.  A program like Excel would have been developed using a classic Beta release.

Read the section titled "Impact of the World Wide Web" at the bottom ov the above cited reference BETA to get a better idea of what's going on with the WGT Beta.  Or here's a WSJ article "For Some Technology Companies, Beta Becomes a Long Term Label" which says Betas are really a marketing device allowing companies to capture a user base and find out what features are really wanted.

In the classic sense of Beta release, paying to use the Beta version was unheard of.  In the new sense of Beta releases, as long as the product provides usable services (which WGT does) during the Beta and I have a choice whether or not to buy, I don't have a problem with paying (buying clubs and balls @ WGT).  I consider it paying in advance for the final product.

I just wish I knew what features WGT has in mind for the final product and an approximate date when it would be available.  I also wish they would use some of the money I've paid in advance to fix many of the existing bugs.

The game is usable only because I do these work arounds:

1. I set affinity to a single CPU for FF and the Flash plug-in

2. I turn many of the game options off or down.

3. I pause my back swing at the top for the count of 4 or 5

I'd like to be able to use the full power of my i5 processor, enjoy the full graphics of the game, and play faster.

• bhacd
    29 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 11:51 AM

This is my one and only reply to anything in this forum...and I know I'll get flamed for it. I've been here awhile now...have more than enough computer for the game.....have used every suggestion for swing meter problems....and still have them at the worst of moments. I have no graphic glitches...no stutters...just a meter that sometimes hits the light blue and slows...or speeds up just about center....and sometimes just goes through the swing smoothly....sometimes.

Add this to the fringe putts that go nowhere......phantom winds that sometimes move the ball and sometimes don't...many complaints I read in here and no one ever answers..except the resident quote "experts" on here....never WGT...except to say it's all on our end....even the fact that you can practice on tournament and championship tee's...but not tournament and championship greens....and then be told this is the closest to real golf ....if it is...then I'm glad I was never stupid enough to play it for real....and wonder how many 18 to 25 yr old kids who come on here and don't play for real for if this is close..why spend big bucks for clubs and green fees....ping and taylor and alot of golf courses should think about this....

The game is fun...and very addictive...I'm hooked.....but it could be so much better if the problems from the past we're taken care of before adding the problems of the future.

As for blocking meter complainers...or any complainers who spend money on here like me....well...screw you...that's another reason why I never replied to the forum before...and likely never will again....Now have fun with me....I'll enjoy reading them and laughing out loud!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 11:51 AM

Andyson-You know better than that. There are people out there that don't consider your factual articles any good. They just don't care and refuse to believe the facts. :-)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 12:23 PM

It is hard to consider this as 'paying ahead of time for the final product', when the terms very clearly state that wgt reserves the ability to start everyone's account from scratch and void all purchases at their discretion. Sometimes facts aren't exactly what they appear.....

" WORLD GOLF TOUR may regulate, modify and/or eliminate WGT Credits at any time at its discretion with no liability to you or to any third party from the exercise of such right."

and....

" When playing some beta games, you may accumulate rankings, equipment, or other value or status indicators. This data may be reset at any time during the testing process, and it may be reset when the particular game completes this testing phase. In this case, all player history and data will be erased and each player will return to beginner status."

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 12:28 PM

bhacd:
    As for blocking meter complainers...or any complainers who spend money on here like me....well...screw you...

agreed bhacd,

even if I were not paying, I would hope that everyone's opinions were valued - even those who don't match your own. Luckily for us all wgt has not taken it to the extreme of blocking even the wildest of feedback, as long as it is in good taste. 

For that, I applaud them.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 1:31 PM

Yep, all these faults eh?

And still we have players posting 25 for 9 holes.

Do you all want cartoon golf?

Want, what? 36 for 18 holes?, maybe less?

Wisen up, please.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 1:38 PM

VanHalenLover:
    It is hard to consider this as 'paying ahead of time for the final product', when the terms very clearly state that wgt reserves the ability to start everyone's account from scratch and void all purchases at their discretion. Sometimes facts aren't exactly what they appear.....
      Yeah, I knew that.  If they ever do it, I plan to keep bugging them for a refund, whining about it all over the forums, and holding my breath 'til I turn blue in the face.  They'll be out of business for sure.

RSS