Difference in Rapture V2 iron set properties

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:50 PM (8 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 7:20 AM

In the Pro Shop, the set looks like this:

When I equip and use them, they look like this:

Notice the differences in distance, precision, meter speed, and spin rating between the 2 pictures for the same iron set.  Also, if you look at the first picture, it lists my equipped set as Rapture V2, but in the second picture its called PingG10.

The distances when actually played are like the second picture, 100-190.  The spin seems to be like the first picture, as does the meter speed, but the precision seems to be like the second.

What's the deal?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 11:59 AM

Hi tibbets, thanks for pointing this out. We are working on a fix.

*Edit - from our developer*

The distance is correct on the in game view -- the pitching wedge was accidentally omitted from the listed distance range in the proshop. The correct range for this set is 100-190.

The precision, forgiveness and spin are correct in the proshop.

Under your equipped iron set, it should list Rapture V2 as you indicated.

These issues will be fixed in our next hotfix, and we will give a heads-up before that happens.

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:12 PM

Also noticed that the Ping Rapture V2 driver has the slowest listed meter speed of all drivers, including my Tour Starters driver.  Could this actually be the case?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 1:21 PM

Raptures seem like the next step up from the TS clubs.  How you likin' em so far tibbs?  Is the meter faster/slower than the TS?

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 3:25 PM

The meter is actually slower, if you can believe that!

It's a great set, well balanced and evenly spaced distance-wise.  The driver gives you 245 average, so while it's not the big boomer that the  R9 9.5 degree is, it still gives you plenty of distance.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 3:41 PM

I have another one to add....

I haven' t purchased these yet, but reports I'm getting from other players have said that it's a 200yd 3I and a 112y PW.  The 188-100 is the spread of the non-Tour burners.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 11:03 AM

nivlac:
    I haven' t purchased these yet, but reports I'm getting from other players have said that it's a 200yd 3I and a 112y PW.

I confirm this. The correct range is 112–200. The error is still there in the ProShop, 2 days later.

• CoyoteCDS
    9 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:46 PM

Can you buy these sets at any level of player?  just curious, not that I can afford them right now, have to pay off the Harley first LOL

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 8:50 PM

Get to the Pro level and then you can buy the new Raptures. (I wouldn't buy the old Raptures that are available for all tiers, now that their new version is available.)

RSS