Forums

Help › Forums

WGT .....FIX THE DAMN METER JUMPING

Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:50 PM (26 replies)
  • LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 11:19 PM

clint9laing:

These "excuses" are bogus. I have given Flash all the time it needs. I am sick of wasting my time. I will come back in a couple of months and see if WGT has gotten its sh!t together.

Peace out Clint!  

Bounce right on out that door.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2010 12:13 AM
    first off legend crusher dont feel you are the only one playing wgt. you may be a lucky one but i myself have a very clean computer and laptop. reboot frequently and have major lagging problems with the meter. am i an idiot? no. do i say the game is crappy? no (i have too much fun with it.) but do i believe there is some weird problem with the meter lagging? of course there is. i usually have to let it slide by 2x and hit the meter when it says click mouse here. and i can hold down a masters avg. on a laptop as well.... so an opinion doesnt entail an acusation that the game is thoroughly awful, it just states a problem. this is a forum none the less and clint has all right to voice his opinion.
  • wayfader
    50 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2010 1:59 AM

WGT could get with adobe and build a specific flash for this signature. Adobe has done it with others. The cost would be in the hundreds of thousands to the millions. Or adobe would demand a piece of the pie or royalties. Thats why its free web golf. it uses a generic. I have noticed a consistency on my lagg and institute it in my game till it's over, than log out reboot and perform the sequences that steady eddie is talking about. whenever Wgt does a major restructuring than it's a flash drive and cache browser clean-up described in "system requirements" in the" getting started" brochure.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2010 4:28 PM

Canada15:
    first off legend crusher dont feel you are the only one playing wgt.

Never said that I was.

Canada15:
    you may be a lucky one but i myself have a very clean computer and laptop. reboot frequently and have major lagging problems with the meter.

Me too.

Canada15:
    am i an idiot?

Most likely since you thought that my post was directed towards you.

Canada15:
    this is a forum none the less and clint has all right to voice his opinion.

As do I.

Have a Merry Christmas.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Dec 25 2010 4:48 PM

LOL!!! Good one Legendcrusher.

If everyone is still having meter problems whilst playing slowly, then there are some optimization issues going on with your computers. You either have programs running in the background during game-play, your flash cache is full, or your not playing the game in it's own window. There are plenty of other things you can do to your computers to assure your playing with a smooth meter.

Use the search box (top right) and seek threads that will offer help to ensure a smooth meter. There are plenty of threads that will give advice on smooth playability. WGT cannot assume 100% responsibility on meter issues. Optimize your WGT experience for the best playability.

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2010 9:05 PM

I find that using a game booster helps the game go way smoother.  

If you feel like it, you can try gamebooster V2.1

That is what I use and it takes me down to the bare minimum of processes and programs running.

LC

• wyoridgerunner
    36 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 3:10 PM

wgticon, 99.9% of people i play from all over the world hv the same problem.....bad meter

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:48 PM

wyoridgerunner:

wgticon, 99.9% of people i play from all over the world hv the same problem.....bad meter

99% of the time is is fine for me and I am on a laptop

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:03 PM

SteadiEddie:

Just clean up your OWN computers.This stuff about WGT being the problem is just too silly.If you would like some help,message me.I am on Ventrilo and can walk you through it.I'll get you set up on that and Bob's your Uncle!

I think WGT has a few hundred thousand users, will you guide them all?

You can not put the responsibility on the users. WGT knows the limitations of Flash and must work within those limitations. Obviously they don't. Therefore we complain because it is our games that get destroyed. If our games, and mood, get's destroyed too often we will not come back and play no more. If we do not come back and play we will not put in credits to buy stuff in the shop. If we do not put in credits, WGT people will not get payed. If they do not get payed, they will stop working. If they stop working this game will never go past the Beta phase.

It is our responsibility to complain. For their sake.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:16 PM

Inadequate computer optimization will interrupt the flash code and cause the meter and anything else in this game (which is flash oriented), to stutter or skip.

Simply pause the back-swing momentarily, or wait for the club name to change in the lower left corner during ones game, and you'll find the meter is smoother then you thought.

It sad to say, but cheap computers containing cheap hardware will result in this game, or any other flash based web sites to perform poorly. I'm sure I'll get persecuted for this statement, but its true. There isn't a one time fix-all for all meters troubles, on all computers.

Not all computer hardware is created equal.

WGT isn't 100% responsible for people experiencing meter problems during game-play. It something that will always plague the game until Adobe flash rids itself of bugs.

RSS