Forums

Help › Forums

WGT .....FIX THE DAMN METER JUMPING

Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:50 PM (26 replies)
  • clickclack
    4 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 10:40 AM

Get new servers or something... JUST FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM.  Gets real old!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 12:12 PM

clickclack:

Get new servers or something... JUST FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM.  Gets real old!!

Meter consistency  is not server dependent. If it was, then everyone would have same problems.

-wgticon

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 12:25 PM

Good Day,  I am sorry but I dont undrestand....  The game is just fine for me. The meter run,s smooth ..    Why do some people have this thing called meter glitch and other,s do not ??    thank you WGT

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 1:00 PM

opyeuclid:

Good Day,  I am sorry but I dont undrestand....  The game is just fine for me. The meter run,s smooth ..    Why do some people have this thing called meter glitch and other,s do not ??    thank you WGT

I was saying that and then a couple months down the line... the meter glitches suddenly turned up and refused to go no matter what....  Got a new computer.... have decreased slightly but still there...

• SteadiEddie
    15 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 2:12 PM

Meter glitches usually are caused by 1 or 2 things. 1 - too many programs in your start up menu.You only need to be running your anti-virus/blocking programs. If you are running WinXP type "msconfig" in the Run Command box near start. Go to start menu and uncheck everything except your anti-virus/blocking programs. Click OK and reboot as requested.When system has rebooted,check the box that says,never show me this again. Your system will now not have a bunch of programs in the back ground continually monitoring for updates while your trying to hit the bloody ball ! 2 - If you have not rebooted your router/modem for some time, pull the round power plug from the back with system still on. Wait for 30 seconds then replug. This will clear boot the router/modem. Use the tools provided in "System Tools" in WinXP. Defrag your machine once per week. Use "Disk Cleanup" every fortnight. Get a free program like CC Cleaner to clean up your Registry. If you stuff something up,use "System Restore"and read the instructions carefully.Regular system maintenance will give you a regular "snap". It will also stop people from venting unwarranted anger toward WGT. Have fun all and enjoy this excellent golf sim ! Eddie.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 3:37 PM

SteadiEddie:
    every fortnight.

Whats a fortnight? Sorry Eddie this Yank' wasn't taught old English in grammar school. ;-D

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 3:55 PM

fortnight = 2 weeks

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 8:37 PM

Some people have a tendency to play fast. The page has a few things with flash going on and this interrupts the meter. WGT needs to make the club name animation stop switching names. We know what the name of the club is. Then there's the title of the golf ball that switches back when we use the backspin feature. You also have to let the game settle-down after you use the aim-arc and/or the putting aim. This will cause meter stutter as well. If WGT would only stop the flash animation (and we know they won't) in the game client, I'd say the meter problems a lot of members experience could be reduced by 25%, if not more.

Oh yeah, don't forget about the flash banner at Oakmont in the upper right box. It continually flashes every three seconds from the Oakmont logo to the USGA logo, and this to will cause meter stutter as well.

The long of the short is, play the game slowly and let flash have a chance to settle-down after making a command, and the joy of your WGT golfing experience will be greatly increased.  : )

• SteadiEddie
    15 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 8:29 PM

Just clean up your OWN computers.This stuff about WGT being the problem is just too silly.If you would like some help,message me.I am on Ventrilo and can walk you through it.I'll get you set up on that and Bob's your Uncle!

• clint9laing
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:10 PM

These "excuses" are bogus. I have given Flash all the time it needs. I am sick of wasting my time. I will come back in a couple of months and see if WGT has gotten its sh!t together.

RSS