Forums

Help › Forums

Alternate Shote & Concede Hole/Putt

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 8 2011 2:28 PM (49 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:48 AM

The new game options are welcomed features to the game, minus the ad pop-ups between holes. 

I played a four-ball match and our opponent wanted to concede a hole, but was unable to find the concede hole option button, where is it located in the game client?

Also, I need help understanding how to read the scorecard. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 12:09 PM

wildbirds:
    Personally I like the challenge of hitting all putts in and don't want my putts being determined by someone that don't really even know my game!!!  It gives me the practice putting in which I may need later in the match.

All part of the strategy of IRL Match Play.  Concede the short ones early, then make 'em putt it when the match is on the line and they haven't hit a three footer for an hour or more.

heh, heh, heh......

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 12:48 PM

credit where credit is due ..nice job . ..love the fact that i can concede someone a 31 foot putt when he is taking ages to line it up/faffing about when i have two for the match from five feet ...quality

• crgade
    490 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 12:55 PM

love the interaction bettween players alt shot encourages

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 12:56 PM

Love every part of the update.  Love the concede putt and hole options for match play.   Merry Xmas to me or rather us from WGT.

Thank you,

b0gey

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 1:51 PM

Richard4168:

The new game options are welcomed features to the game, minus the ad pop-ups between holes. 

I played a four-ball match and our opponent wanted to concede a hole, but was unable to find the concede hole option button, where is it located in the game client?

Also, I need help understanding how to read the scorecard. 

The top 2 rows for each team represent the hole distances on the holes that each respective player of the team will be teeing off on.  The player on top tees off on the odd numbered holes, the player on bottom tees off on the even numbered holes.  This is why you see hole distance numbers on every other hole.  The green and gold shaded areas are where the score for the hole is represented, and the darker green and gold shaded areas in that row are meant to indicate that the hole was won by that team."
    'The green and gold shaded areas at the far right indicate the score for the match"

There is no concede hole in the AS format. Maybe down the line but now right now.

-wgticon

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:00 PM

bit gutted about this concede a putt thing tho now ..it has cost me 3 experience points after my oppo conceded 3 of my putts!  :-)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 5:42 PM

I'm getting quite a few players dropping out of an alt-shot game. It's a domino effect, when one drops out, they all dropout - [game over] just like that. It's super-great fun if the match goes to the end though. 

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 6:06 PM

The alternate shot format is great. There is one caveat though. It is best played with players of the same tier, or at least one of each in each twosome.  

• jredasse
    28 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 6:29 PM

GREAT ADDITIONS TO THE GAME, WGT........ONLY MAKES IT BETTER AND BETTER.....KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK..............CONCEDE PUTT A GREAT IDEA TO SPEED UP PLAY AND THE ALTERNATE SHOT.....JUST PLAYED MY FIRST ROUND AND HAD A BLAST.............................HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL U GUYS......

JOHN BOLEY - MELLEN, WI

RSS