Forums

Help › Forums

Alternate Shote & Concede Hole/Putt

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 8 2011 2:28 PM (49 replies)
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:04 AM

Our latest release adds new features and equipment (see details here). Included are two top-requested features that we’re excited about, but were pretty hard to build and test, so we need your patience and feedback in the coming weeks.

Alternate Shot is a fun 4-player game where 2 teams compete in match play, alternating each shot. The main challenges with Alternate Shot are creating your game and then having all 4 players stay connected for the match. Fortunately, it’s a fast format as only 2 balls are in play, and we’ve built a system to handle disconnections: the first disconnect per team is a warning, the second is loss of hole, and the third is loss of match. If Alternate Shot is popular, we plan to add options like Challenge format so you can play for WGT Credits and Concede Hole/Putt, etc.

Concede Hole/Putt helps to speed-up match play by allowing a player to give-up on a hole they don’t have a chance of winning, or to give an easy putt to another player. Concede Hole is pretty straight-forward but Concede Putt can be a little tricky if the other player has already started to hit their putt, so try to concede putts quickly. Note, to prevent fraud with match play challenges, you can only concede up to 2 holes in a 9-hole game and up to 5 holes in an 18-hole game. There is no limit on conceding putts.

As always, please post your thoughts and suggestions here so we can modify these features as needed.

Thank you,
    WGT

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:22 AM

any update that gives us more game options has too be a plus. thxs

• AllotmentJack
    4 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:28 AM
    Conceding holes/putts will make the match play much more realistic and more fun to play. Thanks!
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:30 AM

this is outstanding. I have been begging for more game options, courses, and concede hole/putt. And what did I get??? ALL OF THEM!!!!!! YAY!!! This has to be; if not the best, one of the best; updates yet. Thank you WGT you're finally turning the corner.

Stencil

• peacher
    111 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:00 AM

just played and it was well worth it!. it mat take as long to putt out a short one but overall it worked well when you both are close and hole is decided, also it will take away from opponents screwing around on a hole they bombed on by happy gilmoring putts back andforth on purpose at end of round. good job

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:09 AM

Nice work WGT!

• stuffix
    762 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:25 AM

Just finished my first alternate shot game, which is actually the first 4 players game I managed to finish... at 4, and this is a blast. So much fun.

Thanks for this.

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:43 AM

Just saw the news, haven't played yet, but I'd like someone to pls enlighten me. Say I want to create an alternate shot game without prior arrangements, I'm prompted to add players from my list of friends, manual, random, etc...

- How do I determine who is to play with who,

- Who's balls is each team using

- Who tees off the even holes and who the odd holes ??

Thanks

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:51 AM

Excellent update. Oakmont RGs at last.......

• Poulakidas
    31 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 4:54 AM

the game asks you before tee who s playing who

each one uses his/her ball

first on the list tees off first and so on

RSS