Forums

Help › Forums

not sure what to title this... Aiming Glitch?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 3 2009 5:54 PM (2 replies)
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2009 3:03 PM

My biggest problem on this game is when I am taking a shot with ...... let's say a 20 mph left to right wind.... and I compensate by aiming well left of the flagstick. Well.. the problem arises when I miss the perfect line on my aim gauge. More times than not, the ball is struck on a line directly at the flagstick and of course you can imagine where the 20 mph wind takes it. This happens even if I miss my aim a bit 2 the left. I have noticed that it happens with all winds. Obviously, the higher the wind.... the bigger the screw up. I guess the best way to say it is that if I miss my aim slightly, it defaults me back to straight at the flagstick for some reason and lets the wind kick my butt from there. Has anybody else noticed this? My effort to compensate for this glitch has resulted in massive amounts of lost balls.... I guess the silver lining is that when u hit the perfect mark, it only chunks it about 5% of the time.

Anyway,

Great Game!! I know it is hard to get it perfect.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 2:03 PM

I have noticed it more than once as well. Seems to be much more pronounced on par 3's as well, both Kiawah and Bethpage. I can speak from experience that you can hit it perfectly, too, and the ball will sometimes still go straight at the pin off the clubface anyways. So it's not just mishits. I typically chalk it up the the deviations they have in play, but sometimes my adjusted aim point and the pin are so severely separated, and it still does this, that I'm starting to think that the aim point isn't always updated correctly prior to the shot taking place.

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2009 5:54 PM

Hmmm... that is a good point. Maybe if I pause for a bit after I aim it will give the computer enough time 2 properly adjust. I am not sure if that makes any sense as far as programming goes bu8t anything is worth a try...lol..

RSS