Forums

Help › Forums

Poor WGT Customer Service, Read For Yourselves

Sat, Jun 25 2022 4:14 AM (30 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:31 AM

ICYGOLD44:

(See email conversation below after I reported a glitch. WGT does not care about its customers!!)

ICYGOLD44

Feb 12, 06:47

I was playing one minute ago at the wk 17 18 hole single play tournament on hole 3 and hit my drive into the rough in the island in front of the green. i had 30/40 lie. i had 55 yards to the hole. i hit a 70 punch playing it for 65 yards, hit the dinger, and the ball shot straight right and landed below the green in the fairway. I had aimed about 3 yards left of the pin to compensate for the wind. this happens on other holes on this game too where you hit the dinger and it shoots left or right by 45 degrees or more. I ended up with a bogey after starting -2. Needless to say i was discouraged by this glitch and forfeited game. I have played less and less of this game because there has been little improvements and costs are going up not down. I'm about to end my relationship with wgt permanently if I don't get treated better starting with your reply. I lost an opportunity to win this tournament. (yes i've won weekly stroke play tournaments before) and wasted my balls. I'm hoping you will offer a few sleeves of my level 81 nikes. Thank you, Benny Dier (Icygold44 on wgt)

Support (WGT)

Feb 12, 12:02

Dear Benny,

From what you described, it sounds perfectly reasonable the outcome you got. I am unfortunately not able to give you sleeves of golf balls.

WGT Member Services

To get what you asked for you should not have quit the game, and you should not have issued an ultimatum.

"Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more, no more. Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more."

Winners never quit, and quitters never win. - Vince Lombardi

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:50 AM

Catesharkette2:

yes that 45 degrees shot when hitting the ding happened to me twice yesterday and cost me bad I guess it was just a glitch but I will keep an eye on it if it happens again ill let wgt no and see what response I get happens mainly on approach shots around the green nearly lost 2balls  cos of it played more like uneven lies but very severe lol   45 degrees <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that way with ding ? lol plus the wind was a cross wind coming the other way I have the replay below the shot was dinged and allowed for the wind

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=17df174f-0b0d-412c-a01f-a43f00ee5f0a

your thoughts wgt was that a reasonable outcome of fairway ?

Hmm..not sure what you are talking about Shark - that shot is perfectly reasonable in my REAL Life game - lol. Dang, that was an unfortunate glitch though

• StephenStrother
    98 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:53 AM

I played against Icygold in a  C v. C match awhile back. He didn't respond to a single chat after the first hole, like we're playing the real Ryder Cup and he's trying to win some mental game with me. When I won, he didn't even say good game, he just signed off. So this drama queen act is unsurprising, since he clearly takes the game far too seriously and needs to get a life.

Also, I've never had a shot like that happen in my life unless I try to aim without zooming out to get a better look. Sometimes, what looks like a proper aim is not because of the depth perception issues on the course from behind the player.  The best example of this is coming out of the bunker in front of #4 at Bethpage. If you don't zoom out over the green before you aim left of the flag for a flop shot out of the bunker, your shot will go 10 yards left of the pin, even though you thought you were only aiming a few feet left.  That's because what looks like a few feet left from behind the player is actually 20 yards left of the flag in the rough right outside the bunker. I think that's probably what happened here. He was in the island at Kiawah #3, had his line to the hole impaired by a mound or something, and was actually aiming right at the mound without realizing it.

The truth is that these crazy glitch shots have basically never happened to me, and you rarely hear good players complain about them, which is always a good sign that it's almost always sour grapes.  Sure, I've had shots start offline for no reason, but only a couple of yards, not at a 45 degree angle.

This whole thing is stupid. He's just trying to extort some free golf balls. LOL.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 10:57 AM

ICYGOLD44:

ICYGOLD44

I'm about to end my relationship with wgt permanently if I don't get treated better starting with your reply. I lost an opportunity to win this tournament. (yes i've won weekly stroke play tournaments before) and wasted my balls. I'm hoping you will offer a few sleeves of my level 81 nikes. Thank you, Benny Dier (Icygold44 on wgt)

As for the shot, it is not uncommon at Kiwiah on several holes and it does suck...

As to the wins, maybe a weekly over a year ago but not as a TL

A few sleeves as compensation when you didn't even lose a ball, just bogied the hole, REALLY? You consider that a fair request and expected them to do it?

I find that way out of line on your part however I would bet they would have given you a sleeve if you lost a ball and submitted an error report while on the hole, BUT not a few sleeves LOL.

JMHO

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 11:00 AM

WGTicon:

hi

do you have a replay I can see or did you happen to submit a detailed bug report through our systems that we can look at?

while those shots are rare, they do happen if your lie does not allow clearance/clear shot at the pin.

I am not sure if this is the case here though, but those situations do occur. i'll check with our CSR team for the rest of the details.

-wgticon

Bug report and a replay works all the time. Could have had that sleeve already. Tears in the message board doesn't do much of anything.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 11:24 AM

Why can't today people finish an alt????  this is NOT right.  Don't P on my leg & tell me it's raining.  I might have been born at night.......  BUT it wasn't Last night!!

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:06 PM

Stock reply from icon submit report and replay and we will ignore it as we do with all the others.Customer service on wgt is worthless half the time they do not have the manners to reply,been there done that.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:40 PM

Talk about stock replies. Kettle/Pot

I got disconnected and though I tried multiple times could not re-connect before the game timed out, back on 2/12 when WGT had apparent server issues. A WGT forum moderator acknowledged the outage.

I contacted WGT CS about the disconnect once I saw I could not reconnect.

I mentioned the CC Pass I lost, and that I hoped I would be reimbursed a CC Pass.

Sure enough CS reimbursed me the CC Pass.

I have never had an issue with WGT CS because they have always responded professionally and appropriately.

But, WGT loses so much credibility because of the many ongoing issues the game has.

As mentioned/alluded to in other posts, the player that started this thread has delusions of grandeur and had unrealistic expectations of what WGT CS can, or should, do. You have to wonder how many messages a day CS reps have to deal with that are as unrealistic as the one in post #1 of this thread.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:56 PM

ApexPC:
    the player that started this thread has delusions of grandeur and had unrealistic expectations of what WGT CS can, or should, do.

+1!

But once

ApexPC:
    I contacted WGT CS

during the time when I'd not receive any mail notices about my CC.

ApexPC:
    I mentioned

that a member had left and I did not know who he was. I asked for help.

ApexPC:
    Sure enough CS

replied: Give us the name and we'll have a look at it.

ApexPC:
    I have never had

any reasonable answer by them, plus a PM announcement, "We're coming back to your question today, by email" has not been fulfilled in two(?) years.

SCNR to scatter your text to splinters. Nothing personal!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 2:00 PM

<

ApexPC:
       I have never had an issue with WGT CS because they have always responded professionally and appropriately.

Same here, and I have complained many many times, but always politely and with respect for the lousy job they have to do, and with the tards they have to deal with such as the OP here

RSS