Forums

Help › Forums

Poor WGT Customer Service, Read For Yourselves

Sat, Jun 25 2022 4:14 AM (30 replies)
  • ICYGOLD44
    30 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 5:09 AM

(See email conversation below after I reported a glitch. WGT does not care about its customers!!)

ICYGOLD44

Feb 12, 06:47

I was playing one minute ago at the wk 17 18 hole single play tournament on hole 3 and hit my drive into the rough in the island in front of the green. i had 30/40 lie. i had 55 yards to the hole. i hit a 70 punch playing it for 65 yards, hit the dinger, and the ball shot straight right and landed below the green in the fairway. I had aimed about 3 yards left of the pin to compensate for the wind. this happens on other holes on this game too where you hit the dinger and it shoots left or right by 45 degrees or more. I ended up with a bogey after starting -2. Needless to say i was discouraged by this glitch and forfeited game. I have played less and less of this game because there has been little improvements and costs are going up not down. I'm about to end my relationship with wgt permanently if I don't get treated better starting with your reply. I lost an opportunity to win this tournament. (yes i've won weekly stroke play tournaments before) and wasted my balls. I'm hoping you will offer a few sleeves of my level 81 nikes. Thank you, Benny Dier (Icygold44 on wgt)

Support (WGT)

Feb 12, 12:02

Dear Benny,

From what you described, it sounds perfectly reasonable the outcome you got. I am unfortunately not able to give you sleeves of golf balls.

WGT Member Services

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:20 AM

CS's standard crock of s--t.  What it seems like they're saying is that now that they've made this game so realistic from the rough, they've programmed a shank into the game, lmao.  What's next- duck hooks and topped shots?  Way to go WGT, you're slowly but surely losing your customers, but since you're getting truckloads of e-mails from new players you no longer care about your established customers who have spent an enormous amount of time, money, and energy supporting your site and this game.

GL to all the newbies but be forewarned- once you go through the process and spend enough to get good equipment, and learn what it takes to play this game , they'll just change things and go after newer customers.

Absolutely brilliant marketing strategy, WGT, way to go.

• Pkay72
    229 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:07 AM

Just like when you lose a ball to a sticking meter. ITS ALWAYS YOUR FAULT. Always the same auto reply clean clean clean etc. Just because if they admit if it was their fault I think the lost ball policy would have to change

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:12 AM

cdefghi:

Way to go WGT, you're slowly but surely losing your customers, but since you're getting truckloads of e-mails from new players you no longer care about your established customers who have spent an enormous amount of time, money, and energy supporting your site and this game.

GL to all the newbies but be forewarned- once you go through the process and spend enough to get good equipment, and learn what it takes to play this game , they'll just change things and go after newer customers.

Absolutely brilliant marketing strategy, WGT, way to go.

Excellent post! ^^^

• Catesharkette2
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:41 AM

yes that 45 degrees shot when hitting the ding happened to me twice yesterday and cost me bad I guess it was just a glitch but I will keep an eye on it if it happens again ill let wgt no and see what response I get happens mainly on approach shots around the green nearly lost 2balls  cos of it played more like uneven lies but very severe lol   45 degrees <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that way with ding ? lol plus the wind was a cross wind coming the other way I have the replay below the shot was dinged and allowed for the wind

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=17df174f-0b0d-412c-a01f-a43f00ee5f0a

your thoughts wgt was that a reasonable outcome of fairway ?

• 46Handicap
    11 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:45 AM

WGT's business model appears solely to sell me a bunch of non-existent virtual stuff, ie clubs, balls, credits etc, for REAL money. I'm a new player (since January) and I'm playing with WGT's standard balls & clubs — if I'm going to spend money "buying" anything it will be REAL items such as my REAL new PING G30s not some imaginary set. Such stunts as WGT arbitrarily installing some "speed boost" which screwed me on a tournament mean I have ZERO customer loyalty to WGT — as soon as the snow melts I'm gone.

• Venomz69
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:45 AM

I agree totally, you spend the money to get the really good clubs and balls and it don't matter,  the game play is horrible and the swing meter never works right.... the only reason I even like the game is because of the courses, I could go on & on about the things that is wrong with this game but it wouldn't matter, to all the new people playing save your money and don't buy balls or clubs cause it really doesn't make a difference !!!!!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:53 AM

ICYGOLD44:
    was playing one minute ago at the wk 17 18 hole single play tournament on hole 3 and hit my drive into the rough in the island in front of the green. i had 30/40 lie. i had 55 yards to the hole. i hit a 70 punch playing it for 65 yards, hit the dinger, and the ball shot straight right and landed below the green in the fairway.

So you play a free tournament, put yourself in a bad lie, have a common WTF shot, lose your nerves after three holes and WD - didn't you learn more on your way through the tiers?

And, after 12 shots (4 putts?) you turn away unforced from any chance to win a whopping 360 cr, and demand a few full 550 cr sleeves in compensation - is that justified?

Call yourself lucky to have received a reasonable answer from C.S. - I'm still waiting...

BTW: Congrats to your 600th bogey ;)

edited

• Thudman69
    47 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 7:56 AM

This happens to me every once in a while, even before the new and improved realism BS. Had it happen 3 days in a row and lost 2 balls. Since they couldn't replicate the incident, no reimbursements. Totally surprised face. I stopped using real money on the site over a year ago because they won't do anything about the glitches and inconsistencies and various other challenges they like to throw in for kicks. Whatever I get from videos and surveys is it. I play one round, maybe two a day and that's it, some days the game is so bad I just play the putting challenge with house balls to get my daily "fun" in. I used to play four or more rounds per day each day and buy stuff on a regular basis. No more. Way to serve your customers WGT.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:28 AM

hi

do you have a replay I can see or did you happen to submit a detailed bug report through our systems that we can look at?

while those shots are rare, they do happen if your lie does not allow clearance/clear shot at the pin.

I am not sure if this is the case here though, but those situations do occur. i'll check with our CSR team for the rest of the details.

-wgticon

RSS