Help › Forums

Lag/performance problems

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2009 7:39 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bluebelly83
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 8:33 AM

I already read many of the posts about cleaning the registry and everything... so just hear me out on this.

I've been playing for a few weeks now with a good connection (after I upgraded my ram).   Now today for some reason it's running terrible again.  I don't know what might have changed that's making the game run much slower.

The only thing that is running with the game is my internet security Avast!  That program is not taking that much.

How can I get back to my earlier speed?  Did something change with the game, or is it with my computer?

Thanks for a great product.  It's not a "bug" but I didn't know where else to post this.  Thanks, GJ.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:19 AM

Hi bluebelly, we did an update to the product on Wed night/Thurs morning, and sometimes after an update you need to clear your Flash and browser cache to run smoothly again.

• shark23
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 12:28 PM

Normally that works for me if my computer starts to lag, but this time it won't stop. If anyone has any other option for me to try that would be great. Thanks

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 4:48 PM

Please try closing other browser windows while playing the game. Or, if you have wgt.com in a separate window, navigate off the homepage and let us know if that helps.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 5:03 PM

Memory usage on gameplay is up about 20-25% since your last update.  Flash cache has been cleared ( I do that every time you update anyway).  Both IE8 and Firefox 3.0.11 are affected.  The home page memory demands are higher than normal, I assume due to the US Open banner.  It seems to be overly intensive on its memory consumption rate, as the memory usage goes down every time I navigate away from it.

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 6:33 PM

I've been having the same problem. I just started a round and waiting for a long time for it to load, I decided to minimize the homepage of WGT. The round then loaded in a flash. So it seems like it may be something on the homepage of WGT. Not a genius, it's just what I noticed.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:02 PM

Agreed on home page being an issue.   It take forever to load, and while it's sitting there loading, my CPU is cranking along at 60-75% utilization.

There's an overload of Flash on it, IMO.

edit:

And this affects both Chrome and Firefox for me.   Closing out of the home page definetly fixes the high CPU and memory utilization problem for me.

• bjaltx
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 12:57 PM

I am having a problem with stopping the meter.  There is a very noticeable delay from when i click and when it stops.

I know this is not my computer, everything runs smoothly.  I have a brand new dell xps, with 5gb ram, 2.667 ghz, and all the necessary components.  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 3:26 PM

I noticed the same thing last night on Firefox and Safari.  Just now on Firefox it acted up again.  Haven't tried internet explorer.  It isn't my computer either everything else runs fine.

• bluebelly83
    46 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:05 PM

WGT:

Thanks so much.  Closing the main page was the ticket.  I was able to play this morning and was much improved.

Thank you again for a great product.

-GJ

• PAGES
RSS