Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT Feb event: Royal St. George's

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:39 AM (121 replies)
  • Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:35 AM

A doubt. Where do you see that we used starter equipment? The screen shot taken, don't show anything?! Ty, bye

• wrinkles
    561 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 8:16 AM

The only good thing about this round was I kept it under 80.  Thanks again for the tourny, lots of fun!

• DJW2307
    13,402 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 8:31 AM

Tamsach:

A doubt. Where do you see that we used starter equipment? The screen shot taken, don't show anything?! Ty, bye

The screen shots were only to allow Shoe and others make judgements on the special prizes.

The conditions of the event won't allow you to try and play with anything other than the Starter gear and balls. If you try and play with anything other than that equipment stated  you wouldn't be allowed to play. That was my understanding as one of our CC guys loaded the wrong wedge in error and it wouldn't allow him to play until he changed to the Starter club

David

• Ianzzz
    6,348 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 2:20 PM

fmagnets:

Can I ask which program you use to record your games?

It may be useful to me in my cc

thanks

Ian

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 2:29 PM

Can't believe i missed this :-(

Is there going to be 1 every month Corwyn?

• pierm
    1,126 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:25 PM

Very very bad what happened to me. In the interval between  F9 and B9, wgt me disconnected and appeared the window of the screenshot. Are truly saddened and angry. I closed the F9 to 39. Posted report to WGT: Too bad,

Only this pearl

Normal 0 14 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=1b76c251-6321-4d2e-a0ef-a4440169a0e5

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 3:42 PM

Ianzzz:

The OBS broadcasting tool that is one of the options Twitch suggests to use. I believe you need a decent spec computer for this. For those without, xsplit might be a better option. Twitch gives instructions for getting this to work too.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:18 PM

DAZZA501:
    Can't believe i missed this :-(

Is there going to be 1 every month Corwyn?

Hi Dazza!

Sorry you missed it... (DaveD also put a post in the Wooden Tee General Discussion forum about it. You mean you don't read every post in your own cc, lol!)

Yes, it will be every month. This from the opening post (emphasis added):

Corwyn:
    After the success of the holiday special, A Bandon Hope, we're going to offer a monthly tourney running parallel to the VT. This month (since the VT is on a CCTH course), we're doing our Starters-only test on our 'bumpiest' course, Royal St. George's (which is not in the VT line-up).

In general, I will try, with Shoe's help, to schedule it for the first half of the month (week 1&2, or week 2&3) so that it's well clear of the single-play round of the main Virtual Tour. I know it's hard for players who are serious about doing well in these to switch back and forth from starters to 'fancy clubs', as it can wreck your timing. One suggestion is to play R1 late, in the last day or so, and R2 early, in the first day.

------------------------------------------

@Pierm: so sorry to hear about your disconnect and DQ issue. With all the issues going wrong with the site right now, I was truly hoping no-one would suffer problems in this event.

@Dave: thanks for chipping in with the answer to Tamsach's question. Yes, these are restricted-equipment events. Shoe sets them up in the system in such a way that no-one can enter without the right gear already in the bag. When you hit the Play Now button on the Tournament link page (and you're not properly equipped), you get this pop-up in your game client (it doesn't actually tell what clubs you need, but that's on the Tournament Leaderboard and Info page).

--------------------------------

A word on the Special Prizes, which also came up. To clarify, Shoe is offering a sleeve from WGT to the top 5 on the leaderboard, but is not involved in the special prizes. Screenshots are needed for the latter (if we have sponsors). I'll post a spreadsheet shortly showing where people are at in the running for those...

... however, my hope with these tourneys was to offer up my time to get them established and to create a Tour out of them. And also to provide a spreadsheet for each event tracking the key stats.

I would like to offer year-end prizes in particular stats categories for those that stick it out for the duration.

... but I can't offer many sleeves every month. Are there any willing sponsors out there who might be able to offer a sleeve or two for any of our suggested categories (see below):

For this February event, I will sponsor Best GIR and Closest Ave.Distance to the Pin awards.

Corwyn:
    PRIZES:

WGTdbloshoe will award a sleeve to the top 5 on the final leaderboard

In addition... we will have some Special Prizes, to be announced below.

If anyone wants to be sponsor, or has a particular prize they think should be offered, please let me know.

Possible prizes on offer (to be confirmed):

1) Low score level 70 or lower (level at conclusion of tourney).

2) Longest putt made.

3) Number of saves

4) Highest overall percentage of Greens in Regulation

5) Greatest overall total distance made putts.

Other possible ideas include: ctth on a particular hole, holes-in-oneLeast Number of Bogeys or WorseMost Number of Birdies, etc, etc.

Remember: To be in the running for special prizes, please note you will need to share screenshots of your scorecard and stats.

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2015 10:32 PM

I have great respect for those who can challenge par while hitting the starter 3-wood to so many holes.

Double bogeys on #6 (strong ltr wind didn't move the ball and I couldn't get up and down over the back bunker) and #9 (oh, yeah, it turns out you can't hit the starter 3w from the rough if you didn't reach the fairway) kept me from doing it myself. My short game was not good at all.

I holed a 28-footer on #2 to get back to even after a bad pitch on #1 cost me a stroke. Routine par on 3, then bogey on 4 with a headwind and a poor layup to a slope. I thought I was going to get one back on 5 when this pitch rattled the cup, but it was way too hard. Then the aforementioned double on 6, nearly averted when my flop for par lipped out. Yeah, I should have made that putt.

Headwind on 7 made the approach difficult to get close and I settled for par. More headwind on 8, and I had to lag it close from 65 feet for a two-putt. Then the disaster on 9, compounded twice by errors in judgment. Driver short of the fairway; 3w into brush at the top of the hill; sliced 7i punch to the rough back right of the green; flop that ran to the front of the green; two-putt double.

Headwind on 10 and I thought the round might get out of control, but I hit a nice wedge from off the front of the green to about 7 feet and got out with a par. 11 also played into the wind, making it a driver and two putts. On 12, playing sidewind, I ran my approach down the hill to inside 20 feet, but missed the ding badly and never got the putt close. 13 was into the wind and not reachable. I came up short right and hit a flop that had no chance of stopping near the hole; the putt back up the hill was pretty straight, but I missed ding again. (This is a recurring theme.)

14 was playing into the wind, so drawing from my experience on 7, I played a better running shot  up the hill that nearly hit the flag and stopped 10 feet behind the hole for a birdie. Then I gave it right back on 15, which was also into the wind. 16 my approach downwind barely stayed on the back of the green and it was all I could do to two-putt down and across the hill.

On 17 I finally got a helpful sidewind and used it and the slope to fade my approach towards the hole to about 15 feet, which I was able to hole. And once again I immediately gave the stroke back. 18 was downwind, but I overestimated it and left my approach short. Then I got a little greedy with the pitch shot, not realizing that the edge of the slope was behind the hole and not just to the left. Made a good run at the par but settled for bogey and 76.

Imgur album link as I don't feel like embedding yet more images into this thread, and I don't think I'm in contention for any of the special prizes.

• Ianzzz
    6,348 Posts
    Fri, Feb 20 2015 2:32 AM

fmagnets:

Ianzzz:

The OBS broadcasting tool that is one of the options Twitch suggests to use. I believe you need a decent spec computer for this. For those without, xsplit might be a better option. Twitch gives instructions for getting this to work too.

Thank you - appreciate the help

RSS