Forums

Help › Forums

my tier went down

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:02 AM (3 replies)
  • hythe
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 2:44 AM

Hi there.I made it to master tier yesterday at level 41,tier 66.96.Today my first game was on Kiawah Island,back 9,against 2 tour pro players.Won the game with a 36 par,but my tier went down to 72 and don;t understand why,can someone help me out please?

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:00 AM

hythe:

Hi there.I made it to master tier yesterday at level 41,tier 66.96.Today my first game was on Kiawah Island,back 9,against 2 tour pro players.Won the game with a 36 par,but my tier went down to 72 and don;t understand why,can someone help me out please?

Your new average is computed based on scores that you have shot since your upgrade to Master tier.  Old scores are not included.

With one score recorded, a 36, your average is twice that, 72.

This is as I understand it  :  )

Cheers,

• RobNE
    74 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:02 AM

Hello hythe.  This is because your stroke average (kind of equivalent to your handicap) resets to only take into account what you've done in your current tier (i.e. Master).

You've played one round at MAster (par 72), so your average score at Master is 72.  If you play a second round and score 70, you'll be averaged to 71, and so on.  How well you score now at Master, consistently, will determine how quickly you tier up to the next.

Hope this makes sense.

See you on the green stuff.

Rob

• hythe
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:34 AM
    Played another 2 rounds and think you're right.Get it now,thanks!!
RSS