Forums

Help › Forums

What to do.....???

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 10 2010 1:55 PM (5 replies)
  • TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 12:37 PM

Okay I've done a lot of reading on here and know all to well the problem with the skipping bar. I want to know what the hell we are supposed to do to fix it...if this is possible. I just dl'd Adobe 10 as their little advertisement says it will help. Well just played a game and low and behold, even with TWO dry run shots to get the kink out, the damn thing still jumps on a 2 yard putt and I miss. Seems like its the norm to accept this game as just a game of Russian Roulette. Kind of hard to accept when you are spending hard earned dollars in order to even play the game and have a chance of getting better. I used beginner clubs up until level 48 and paid for two sets of clubs, wedges etc. well yeah  the game has improved somewhat but the skipping meter bar has actually gotten worse. I have used IE8 and the newest Firefox with no other applications running at all and still every hole is a game of chance because the damn thing WILL skip at some point on some shot on every damn hole.

Anyone got advice to fix this besides just leaving the game? I've played Shot Online for over 3 years and spent a few thousand on it. Was really looking forward to spending equal time on this game as it is more realistic and quite a challenge. Game is tough enough without the added headache of a fubar meter bar.   help...............

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 4:56 PM
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 5:35 PM

TeeWade:

Okay I've done a lot of reading on here and know all to well the problem with the skipping bar. I want to know what the hell we are supposed to do to fix it...if this is possible. I just dl'd Adobe 10 as their little advertisement says it will help. Well just played a game and low and behold, even with TWO dry run shots to get the kink out, the damn thing still jumps on a 2 yard putt and I miss. Seems like its the norm to accept this game as just a game of Russian Roulette. Kind of hard to accept when you are spending hard earned dollars in order to even play the game and have a chance of getting better. I used beginner clubs up until level 48 and paid for two sets of clubs, wedges etc. well yeah  the game has improved somewhat but the skipping meter bar has actually gotten worse. I have used IE8 and the newest Firefox with no other applications running at all and still every hole is a game of chance because the damn thing WILL skip at some point on some shot on every damn hole.

Anyone got advice to fix this besides just leaving the game? I've played Shot Online for over 3 years and spent a few thousand on it. Was really looking forward to spending equal time on this game as it is more realistic and quite a challenge. Game is tough enough without the added headache of a fubar meter bar.   help...............

First make sure your video drivers are up to date. Out dated video drivers don't work well with the newest version of flash. And the browser you use is also very important. I have found that Chrome Iron is the best followed by Firefox then Chrome . IE is not very good for this game at all.There are also 2 3rd party add ons they really help. One as Sarge just showed the link to is Gamebooster2 by Iobit. Basically what gamebooster2 does is shuts down all unnecessary programs and services freeing up and defragging ram so your machine runs smoother making it work better with flash. The is also a smaller program called Leatrix Latency fix which helps your PC communicate with WGT's server quicker making your mouse clicks more responsive. Also in settings under the video settings setting flash quality to low also helps. 

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 10:19 AM

Okay guys, I'll give them a try and see how things go. I do appreciate the input very much.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 12:31 PM

Okay...updated drivers, downloaded Chrome Iron. Seemed to work 80% last night but today its just like always and even worse at times. Even my tower is sounding like a swarm of bees is in there. Really a damn shame that a pay game runs like this!!

I'll try the two add on's you mentioned...then *** it. I'm trough with this game if it doesn't produce some results.

• pastorsellers
    17 Posts
    Wed, Nov 10 2010 1:55 PM

i have downloaded and installed the two add-ons.  practice 4 holes (two with leatrix latency alone and 2 with both leatrix latency and with game mode under game booster).  results look somewhat promising.  will be back if i can verify better or worse in a couple of days.

RSS