Forums

Help › Forums

Buy a decent putter.. It is worth it

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:47 PM (53 replies)
  • mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 3:05 AM

lol - i dont know how but your post wasnt there when I made those comments.

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:10 AM

borntobesting:

DuffyWaldorf:

i was told the SPIDER sucks...something about the 2 1/2 movements on a 25 ft scale = 10 ft for the 1st movement compared to 6 feet with a Starter putter. (Based on FAST greens of course) But still...not very precise if you have to estimate that much.

How do the other putters break down their movements???

Thanks

Happy Golfing

Joe

When I used the spider I wasn't using the avatar movement style of putting I just tried to guess how far to move the putter back. When I first bought the Daytona I read Nivlac,s putting guide and started using the avatar movement style.I now use the Master Redwood.These are my break downs.

Daytona 15=2 1/2 6 foot movements                                                                                              30=5 6 foot movements                                                                                                                  60=5 12 foot movements                                                                                                                90= 7 12.86 foot movements                                                                                                           150 =9 16.667 foot movements                                                                                                     300=9 33.3333 foot movements

Redwood 15 &  30  same as Daytona                                                                                         45=5 9 foot movements                                                                                                                   90,150&300 same as Daytona

Some people say 13 and 17 for the 90 and 150 scale but I tried to take it as close as I could get it.

I particularly like the 45 scale on the redwood.       

Born, those numbers aren't quite right.  The Daytona numbers are as such...

you got the 15,30,and 60 footers right. 

90ft putter- 7.5 moves. 12ft each for the first 7, the remaining part at the end is 6ft.

150- 15ft each movement, 10 moves. 

300ft- 30ft each movement, 10 moves.

You weren't counting the last bit of each scale is all. It's technically not a movement, but except for the 15 and 90ft scales, it is equal to 1 move.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:51 AM

speedyschic:
    finally bought a decent putter... Watch out people!! lol

buying the putter is equal to buying a masters degree on the internet, you are not smarter, but you think you are

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:06 AM

x1524807:

speedyschic:
    finally bought a decent putter... Watch out people!! lol

buying the putter is equal to buying a masters degree on the internet, you are not smarter, but you think you are

lol.. all psycho-babble aside, it works. Whether it be mental or physical, it has definitely improved my game.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:30 AM

You can BUY a masters?crap. 4 years wasted then...

But I agree.I've just played with a hired redwood(I think) it had all the hype,but frankly,no trousers.Maybe I have an objective side to my brain that dictates logic over ***,but the thing didnt actually DO anything that any other putt putt putter I have used does.

For the price of a halfway decent eat all you can seafood meal,you would be wasting your money on something that has a quick meter,increments that defy any logic in their complexity,and added weight in your bag to lug around.

However,if it works for you,or at least it makes you THINK it works for you,dig out,but Im sticking to my starter for freeness and the slowest,steadiest meter on the planet of Widget.And with the money saved,Im having a eat all you can...

Now.Whats the link for that masters?

Lizzie

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 7:53 AM

Yaaaa... I had that same opinion when I first started this game as well. And yes... PLEASE send the link to me as well.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:41 AM

speedyschic:
    lol.. all psycho-babble aside, it works. Whether it be mental or physical, it has definitely improved my game.

lol, nothing mental, putter is sold as being 40% more accurate

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:46 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    But I agree.I've just played with a hired redwood(I think) it had all the hype,but frankly,no trousers.Maybe I have an objective side to my brain that dictates logic over ***,but the thing didnt actually DO anything that any other putt putt putter I have used does.

Sorry Liz, that redwood putter has a laser in the ball and a magnet in the cup. If you watch the putt go in, you see a funny drop, like a magnet pulling in the ball. I have witnessed people with very little skill sinking long putts, that you would never do with a reg putter.

At this time I refuse to play against anyone using it. I can handle being out driven by 60 yds, have a driver and a 3 wood put you on the green at beth page #7, but that cheat putter will take 6-8 strokes off of a 18 hole game

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:51 AM

x1524807:
    lol, nothing mental, putter is sold as being 40% more accurate

It is being sold as more precise, 50% more precise then your current putter.  As well as 40% higher in balance.  Which essentially means less deviations and a more true roll.  

If you need to read some information it can be found here about precision....

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/14040/86933.aspx#86933

And some information on balance can be found here....

http://wgt.com/forums/p/11246/73229.aspx#73229

Cheers,

b0gey

• borntobesting
    9,634 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:44 AM

PGAbound67:

borntobesting:

DuffyWaldorf:

i was told the SPIDER sucks...something about the 2 1/2 movements on a 25 ft scale = 10 ft for the 1st movement compared to 6 feet with a Starter putter. (Based on FAST greens of course) But still...not very precise if you have to estimate that much.

How do the other putters break down their movements???

Thanks

Happy Golfing

Joe

When I used the spider I wasn't using the avatar movement style of putting I just tried to guess how far to move the putter back. When I first bought the Daytona I read Nivlac,s putting guide and started using the avatar movement style.I now use the Master Redwood.These are my break downs.

Daytona 15=2 1/2 6 foot movements                                                                                              30=5 6 foot movements                                                                                                                  60=5 12 foot movements                                                                                                                90= 7 12.86 foot movements                                                                                                           150 =9 16.667 foot movements                                                                                                     300=9 33.3333 foot movements

Redwood 15 &  30  same as Daytona                                                                                         45=5 9 foot movements                                                                                                                   90,150&300 same as Daytona

Some people say 13 and 17 for the 90 and 150 scale but I tried to take it as close as I could get it.

I particularly like the 45 scale on the redwood.       

Born, those numbers aren't quite right.  The Daytona numbers are as such...

you got the 15,30,and 60 footers right. 

90ft putter- 7.5 moves. 12ft each for the first 7, the remaining part at the end is 6ft.

150- 15ft each movement, 10 moves. 

300ft- 30ft each movement, 10 moves.

You weren't counting the last bit of each scale is all. It's technically not a movement, but except for the 15 and 90ft scales, it is equal to 1 move.

I counted them many many times and always came up with the same thing one of us is wrong i will admit but as I putted so well with it in the higher scales I donn't think it is me but I am willing to be proven wrong. Bit I nailed so many putts with the 90 foot meter is seems unlikely.

RSS