Forums

Help › Forums

Nerdy thread

Mon, Feb 19 2024 8:38 AM (96 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 7:18 AM

Dear forum controllers, has the HTML "TITLE" attribute been disabled? I ask because whenever I add it to some HTML code to post either on my profile page or the forum, it gets stripped out.

For those that don't know what the "TITLE" attribute does, it creates little screen tips like this : 

Screen tips pop up elsewhere on the site so I know its not a browser issue.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 10:14 AM

Very peculiar, Scott. The title attribute worked in compose mode here, until I posted it; then it vanished..LOL

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 10:39 AM

Yeah, I know it used to work because I had it in the code for my replays to pop up the date of the replay, an now it's not there anymore. It's not a great loss but I'd like to know what happened.

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:19 PM

Fanciful HTML table with a bit of CSS thrown in...

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2016 2:28 PM

Mods & Admins,

Is there any possibly we could have pseudo class CSS selectors enabled in this forum, just to give us geeks a little more scope for styling stuff, thank you.

Scott.

(An example of a pseudo class selector is a link that changes colour when you hover over it......the colour changes of the hyperlinks we currently have are barely noticeable).

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2016 3:04 PM

ScottHope:

Mods & Admins,

Is there any possibly we could have pseudo class CSS selectors enabled in this forum, just to give us geeks a little more scope for styling stuff, thank you.

Scott.

(An example of a pseudo class selector is a link that changes colour when you hover over it......the colour changes of the hyperlinks we currently have are barely noticeable).

I doubt it, in the past they have been very hesitant to make any changes to the forums or the way they are set up.  I will see though if something has changed.

- WGTdbloshoe

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2016 3:06 PM

Thanks for the prompt response shoe, appreciate it.

• ScottHope
    10,084 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 3:32 AM

Geeky fun.

Put icon in a spin!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!

INSTRUCTIONS :

Select and copy the javascript at this location. Press [F12] to open the developer tools and click the ELEMENTS, INSPECTOR or DOM EXPLORER tab, then click the CONSOLE tab. Paste the copied script in at the prompt and hit enter (or click the green play icon if in Internet Explorer) then close the dev tools window [X]. May not work in all browsers.

Hover your mouse over the washing machine to send icon on a spin cycle.
    : )
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 6:00 AM

Scott my friend, you're making MY head spin with this stuff!

Geeky fun.

Put andyson in a spin!

INSTRUCTIONS : (works in Chrome, not sure about other browsers)

Copy the text in blue below, hit the F12 key to open up the browser developer tools and click on the console tab or icon. Paste the copied text into the console, hit the enter key, then close the console using the 'X' (close). Hover your mouse over the washing machine to send icon on a spin cycle. : )

var orange = function myFunction1(){banana.style = "border-radius: 50%;position: relative;top: -167px;left: -4px;"};var apple = function myFunction(){banana.style.transform = "rotatez(9000deg)";banana.style.transition = "transform 5s"};var pear = document.getElementsByClassName("wmachine")[1];var banana = document.getElementsByClassName("Andyson")[0];pear.onmouseover = apple;pear.onmouseout = orange;

LMAO!  Where do you get this stuff? !

Yep, works in Chrome.  The Console is different in Firefox though and I haven't figured out the Paste into the Console part.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 6:21 AM

ScottHope:
    Copy the text in blue below, hit the F12 key to open up the browser developer tools and click on the console tab or icon. Paste the copied text into the console, hit the enter key, then close the console using the 'X' (close). Hover your mouse over the washing machine to send icon on a spin cycle. : )

SOMEONE has too much time on his hands, me thinks     lols

But thanks m8, gave us a good laugh

Thomas

RSS