Forums

Help › Forums

VALLEY of the SUN C C ( a look back at VOTSCC & WGT)

Mon, May 22 2023 12:43 PM (624 replies)
  • JimQ916
    9,914 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 8:04 AM

Hi all you WGT members. My name is Jim (JimQ916) and I'm here to let you know the Country Club I am a member of is currently seeking friendly, dedicated members who are looking to join a CC or is not happy with the Club you're currently in and want a change. The name of our Club is Valley of the Sun Casual Country Club (VOTSCC). We are a small (cuyrrently 47 members) but a very member friendly Club where there is never an absence of abundant events to participate in. We always have in the area of 20 - 25  free CC Tournaments (and a few "pay to play" Tournaments) at all times and these Tournaments are set up in a user friendly format, meaning most if not all are set up with no more than moderate difficulty in an effort to help you hone your skills, lower your scoring average and most of all, just have fun. In addition to these tournaments we always have a weekly "Blitz", which runs M - F (and is addicting as all heck), Bracket Tournaments (both Stroke Play and CTTH) and Specialty Tournaments such as "Beginners Clubs / Balls only" and "CC vs CC" matches. Our Owner's name is Paul (PDB!) and he is constantly looking for new ways to make our Club more fun although he's banging his head against a wall because the Club is almost impossible to to make better. We have 7 Directors who attempt to help him out as much as can be done and we currently have 47 members of all skill levels (H - C). We are a lot more than a regular Club, meaning the our participation level is extremely high and we are more like friends who meet on the 1st tee than a cut throat Club as many in WGT are. We're on a first name basis and everyone knows all the members by name. I can go on and on about the Club but I think I've covered most everything having to do with us. In order to get into the Club all you have to do is get a hold of Paul and he'll send you an invite to join. I hope that some quality members join...you definately won't be sorry....thanks everyone...Jim

Check out this link....it covers everything you might want to know about our CC.....You'll be  impressed at how much we have going on:

JIM'S CORNER....HOW TO HAVE FUN IN THE SUN

• DirtyDuffer
    876 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 10:30 AM

I play on aa iPad mostly (graphics are much better compared to my older mac) am I going to be limited on what tourneys I'll b able to participate in?

as a iPad user I'm limited on games I can play... alt shot, skins, best ball cant play

thanks

DirtyDuffer

• DirtyDuffer
    876 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 12:05 PM

Paul,

Are these mobile players able to play in your tourneys?

pdb1:

Unfortunately yes IOS and Android formats are completely different then the PC laptop format. As of now it is very limited there are courses and tournaments and formats that are not even close to being available hopefully at some point in the future they will be that's all I can say.

Although I am and always will be hardcore PC fan I have some very good members that are strictly mobile players in my CC I am pulling for them to get better and better formats and things available to them through their mobile play.

Paul

Sent by my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

• 111golfdemon
    24 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:26 PM

Do you have teamspeak or some other voice communication.

Terry

RSS