Help › Forums

chat

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 1 2010 8:05 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pg1549
    2 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 12:05 AM

can someone please help,i like playing with a group but i cant chat with anyone,

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:19 AM

hi pg,

what exactly is the problem? do you see flashing box or when you click it nothing happens or?

if you could be a tad more precise....

thanks!

-icon

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:40 AM

Can we plz look into this bright orange box flashing when your playing please.The majority of players think its not needed,its such an eye sore,Wow i just realized its you Ike,Congratulations,Im so pleased for you,That orange box is so annoying,:)And Kurt don't stop yapping,:)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:51 AM

quote="WGTicon

-icon

Will the real iconian, Please step forward>

• pg1549
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 8:28 PM

hi ticon thanks for replying, what happens is i reduce the screen as it tells me too, i then open the chat box to type a message but nothing happens,i cant type anything am i doing something wrong,i am not very computer friendly.any help will appreciated thanks.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 12:29 PM

PRIESTESS:

Can we plz look into this bright orange box flashing when your playing please.The majority of players think its not needed,its such an eye sore,Wow i just realized its you Ike,Congratulations,Im so pleased for you,That orange box is so annoying,:)And Kurt don't stop yapping,:)

I know this about Kurt, open handed 'tap' helps a lot:)

pg1549:

hi ticon thanks for replying, what happens is i reduce the screen as it tells me too, i then open the chat box to type a message but nothing happens,i cant type anything am i doing something wrong,i am not very computer friendly.any help will appreciated thanks.

Hi. I am not sure what you mean by reduce. That box is just for chatting. It only flashes when your opponents/playing partners are talking to you. Sounds like when you reduce it, it does something peculiar. Maybe not reduce and then see how it behaves?

-icon

• cartgolf
    5 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 1:38 PM

not sure if same problem couple times i hit full screen at bottom right of screen the four arrows then i lost ability to chat after returning to normal

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 6:19 PM

PG,

When you open the box,and see the drop down,if you look across the very bottom of the box you will see a narrow portion across the bottom.You need to hover your mouse over this area,and click,you will then see a vertical cursor and can begin to type your message.When you have finished typing,press "Enter" on your keyboard,and the message is sent.

Couple things: It is easiest to keep the box open all the time,then you dont have to put up with the annoying flashing "message waiting" box mentioned by priestess.If you choose to type something as the last shot of the hole is played,the load box for the next hole pops up and takes priority,so whatever you type will not show,and you have to type it again.

Each time you use your mouse to take a shot, it disables the typing cursor,so you then have to go back to the step mentioned above in order to set up the chat facility.

If you wish to say thankyou for the game at the end of a round,you need to do this before the last shot is played,because the chat facility is disabled immediately.

You should endeavour to type your message either in your own allotted time for shot,or after a shot has been played and before the game progresses to another players shot,so that you do not inadvertantly have your sent message interfering with anothers players concentration.

Use chat sparingly if on a 60 or 30 second timer.

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 9:21 PM

hey lizzie, just looked at your picture expanded and all i got to say is WOOWOOWOOWOO NUCKNUCKNUCK

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 9:25 PM

please forgive the haha, very nice advice though

• PAGES
RSS