Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Fall 2014 edition

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 8 2015 7:37 AM (111 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:36 AM

63's pretty good in my book for Pinehurst, mm, but us Legends all got well beaten last week by another super round from Joe!

Good score from me last night to take the lead in this week's tourney at St. Andrews, which I badly needed after a 65 at Pinehurst.

I had a strange card, almost mirroring the front 9 with my back 9 after failing to birdie the 2nd and 3rd holes of each 9. Lowlights: missed what seemed to be a straight putt from 9ft on #3 and made total hash of #12 (got greedy on tee shot and stuck on hill in front of bunker, then had mental aberration in opting to pitch from there!). Bailed out left of Road Hole bunker as I didn't have enough club to get to pin but came close to pitch-in for birdie. 

I'm right on the bubble for ROW team qualification after my poor score last week so badly need a good result this week. Don't spoil my party Joe, mm, Emma, Lisa et al, lol!

We got wk50 payout last night, so expect the pictorial update to the Tour Standings later this morning. The spreadsheet is already updated.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:51 AM

Greetings Corwyn! and greetings U.S. Captain...I am leaving on vacation for two weeks starting Sunday (back on 1/5)...so you will not see me in the scores..should I be knocked out of an automatic spot, please know I am definitely still interested in participating in the RC

:)

=bk=

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 10:32 AM

Latest standings after the wk50 tourney at Pinehurst... now there are just 2 weeks left in the Tour!

In the TL tier, johehejo recorded another victory with a tiebreak win over kastor666 with fmagnets just one stroke back.

In Legend tier, JoeMaverick had a huge 4 shot victory margin with an excellent 58, with garygun second with a 62. This was Joe's 3rd win in the Tour and he now seems uncatchable in the Legend tier credit standings.

Also, please note the Ryder Cup qualification thread is up and running in the community events forum. For those of you that are interested in playing in the next UEL Ryder Cup event, to be held at Olympic in mid-late January, we'll be tracking who's vying for places on the US and ROW teams. I've added tabs in the spreadsheet for Team USA and Team ROW. If you don't see your name there, please post here or in the other thread so I know you want to try and make the team. Also, please note that there will be some players shown as trying for places, who may not be available when January comes around, and we'll need alternates anyway, so keep pressing for your place! There are just 2 events left...

------------------

To see all the details view the spreadsheet, but for those who can't access the new Google Sheets, here are some snapshots of some of the Standings sheets here in the thread (note that they're only the top 35+ places, just what fits on my screen).

Click here to see the full google doc spreadsheet; once in the sheet, navigate via tabs at the bottom.

Right-click, open in new Tab, to see these images full-size

wk50 Tourney: Pinehurst scores:

TL credit standings:

TL 'Relative to Par' Standings:

L credit standings:

L 'Relative to Par' Standings:

TL & L best 9 scores Combined Credit Standings:

TL & L Combined best 9 scores 'Relative to Par' Standings:

2 weeks to go in the Tour, and competition remains very close for Ryder Cup team positions. Good luck everyone!

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:46 AM

63's pretty good in my book for Pinehurst, mm, but us Legends all got well beaten last week by another super round from Joe!

That was maybe my best 18 holes round ever (in UEL for sure). I was perfect on F9, less on B9 (But I played the B3 with more security). You can find my scorecard below. As you can see I played very well with my Irons (Average distance to pin: 5.9f and no putt over 10f).

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 5:55 AM

Those are some great stats Joe, and a beautiful looking card.

IIRC that matches the best scores in the summer time Nation UEL event at Legend level, and that was unlimited. Congratulations! A worthy win indeed... (now, just don't feel obligated to shoot a 58 this weekend as well, lol!)

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 6:52 AM

Haven't posted before, just wanted to say you're doing an amazing job Corwyn and many thanks. Always enjoy UEL and trying to get close to the very best players and your spreadsheets make it even more interesting. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Steve

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 6:59 AM

Thanks Steve! Nice to hear from a new player in the thread.

Say, are you interested in trying to make the ROW team for the Ryder Cup event? If so, I'll add your name to the qualification sheet. My guess is you'd only be a few shots back of an automatic place in the Relative to Par standings.

----------------

=bk= re your post above, I think your position in the US team looks secure. Hope you have an enjoyable holiday trip!

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 8:34 AM

Corwyn:

Those are some great stats Joe, and a beautiful looking card.

IIRC that matches the best scores in the summer time Nation UEL event at Legend level, and that was unlimited. Congratulations! A worthy win indeed... (now, just don't feel obligated to shoot a 58 this weekend as well, lol!)

Don't worry, I've played a bad round today. Every weeks are not the same... :)

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:21 AM

64 for the last event on the fall tour, and just when I really needed a good round. Left a few out there but very pleased. Hoping that was enough too get me qualified for the Ryder Cup. Once again thanks too Corwyn for putting together another wonderful tour. of all the 3 this is by far my worst performance but I still loves it. Happy holidays!

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:29 AM

Corwyn:
    Say, are you interested in trying to make the ROW team for the Ryder Cup event?

Very tempting and thank you for suggesting it. However, there are plenty who have been going for this since the start and it doesn't feel right to jump in at the last moment mate. Will definitely try for it next time though - just need to get more consistency! :)

Thanks again for all the work you do and to all the UEL'ers, have a great festive break.

Steve

RSS