Forums

Help › Forums

Does WGT keep your highest score in weekly tourneys?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:49 PM (5 replies)
  • DTRAINLIVE
    6 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:18 AM

if you play an unlimited tournament.  then play again and post a lower score,  does that score stick,  or does your best score stay?

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:57 PM

In unlimited play tournaments your best score is what counts. 

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:27 PM

The highest score will be kicked out by the lowest as stated previously. However, since it was posted, the highest will still affect your average even if it's not showing in the ranking.

Happy G!

Rob

• DTRAINLIVE
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2010 9:16 PM

thx for the reply.  but it seems you and the prev poster have different answers.  

does this mean the last score you played is the score that sticks for the tourney?   no matter if its higher or lower?  meaning if you posted a good score.....then played again and posted a worst score...the worst score stays?

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 10:59 AM

DTRAINLIVE"]

thx for the reply.  but it seems you and the prev poster have different answers.  

does this mean the last score you played is the score that sticks for the tourney?   no matter if its higher or lower?  meaning if you posted a good score.....then played again and posted a worst score...the worst score stays?

I think it could be you are confusing "Highest" and "Lowest" Dtrain. Highest means in this context worst,while lowest,is actually the best score,for example,if you scored a round of 18 in 76 shots,and then a second round of 18 in 72 shots,the 72 shot round would appear in the tournie ranking as your best score.

The previous score of 76 would no longer appear,but because it had been posted previously,it would still affect your overall average ranking in terms of your personal and ongoing average(EG.If you are a Hack,your average might be 88,and any games you play that are classed as "ranked" will be taken into account when adjusting your average after every game.This is seperate to the "Ranking" in an individual tournie,which applies only to that particular game and refers to how far up the leaderboard you are)

I am glad you asked this question,as I was also wondering lol.In a recent tournie,I was overtaken by a player who had played 3 or 4 previous rounds in the same tournie,and of course only his last and best(lowest) score was shown in the actual ranking.

Had I known about this question at the time,I too could have had multiple tries,but then,there might have been blood on the carpet lol.

Oh btw. The fix for all those Putts that go astray(and are clearlie not your fault...) is to grasp the keyboard in both hands,and smash it violently into your forehead several times.

I have since found that you can get a half decent(and reasonably strong) keyboard for £10,so its a worthy investment/sacrifice.

• DTRAINLIVE
    6 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2010 9:49 PM

thx for the help.   i did realize the lowest is the best in golf.  

RSS