Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, May 2 2016 6:10 PM

I noticed awhile back that SweetMiffy is also no longer playing the game or posting in the forums . Looking at her profile I see that she left her cc and all of her activity has gone blank .Does anyone know what happened to her she was a very nice person and always was fun in the forums .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 3:10 AM

Added to the list Lonnie...also shot you a PM.

• bluey403
    1,528 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 4:09 AM

There are probably numerous reasons why our WGT friends disappear, and 100's of people are left wondering.

I remember checking in with Alan a couple of years ago about GL as I had just started up a CC and Gerald was a foundation member. I went on vacation for a couple of weeks and when I returned he was gone.

His last message to me was

"So love the devs on the greens, think i can win the VUSO"

That was Merion, dated 26th May 2013

Then GONE

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 4:26 AM

My good friend Lee (Canine Supervisor) has been missing for a long time. He never mentioned in our conversations that he was leaving or was dissillusioned with the game.

I know he had an extremely dangerous life threatening health issue but he had ground breaking robotic surgery and seemed to be on his way to a good recovery.

I really miss his wit and wisdom, and he was a great player. I have messaged him a few times but got no replies.

Anyone know anything more about him?

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 4:33 AM

lonniescott711:

I noticed awhile back that SweetMiffy is also no longer playing the game or posting in the forums . Looking at her profile I see that she left her cc and all of her activity has gone blank .Does anyone know what happened to her she was a very nice person and always was fun in the forums .

I can help out a bit Lonnie. She was having issues with one of the CCs to the point where she was going to leave wgt. She had quit that CC and was a free agent. I approached her and asked her to reconsider leaving wgt. She eventually did and joined our CC.

While with our CC, she was very supportive of the veterans and first responders in the club. She would put on lavish tournaments, with expensive prizes to the winner. She was also quite active in our forum. Then something changed. She would make a huge deal about someone saying a curse word during a game, and she'd actually forfeit the match. Then she would post a rant about it in our forum, which was far worse. She was cautioned about the use of foul language in the CC forum, yet would continue to do it. Eventually, she abruptly left the CC and WGT. Nary a word to anyone.

She may very well be playing under another name. 

ct

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 4:41 AM

PaulTon:

My good friend Lee (Canine Supervisor) has been missing for a long time. He never mentioned in our conversations that he was leaving or was dissillusioned with the game.

I know he had an extremely dangerous life threatening health issue but he had ground breaking robotic surgery and seemed to be on his way to a good recovery.

I really miss his wit and wisdom, and he was a great player. I have messaged him a few times but got no replies.

Anyone know anything more about him?

Hello Paul,

Actually contacted Icon regarding Lee a few weeks back with my concerns regarding the Soupman. Icon's replied, but as of yet, with no more new information.

~~~~

@ CT,

Miffy was someone that couldn't handle anybody with a different point of view. Well remember a foul mouthed rant on another thread on here a good while back... may even have been directed at a certain contributor on this very thread.

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 5:54 AM

I have someone on my friends list...OmegaManKFH...that i do miss dearly. He joined a CC that i belonged to, then left  after a short time there because the only person who would accept any of his game invites was me. So we became good friends. Played a ton of alt shot matches as partners while using not Skype but something else so we could talk instead of type. He really got a kick out of my southern,country accent. I left the game for a bit to attend to life & when i returned, he was gone. It's been a couple years i guess. I've never removed him in hopes that i'll see him again. So if you are out there OmegaMan (maybe as someone else),hit me up for a game. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 5:58 AM

WigerToods2010:
    Well remember a foul mouthed rant on another thread on here a good while back... may even have been directed at a certain contributor on this very thread.

Indeed, her language in that post was quite forceful, resulting in a forum ban. She came back, apologised and we were friends again after that. I miss her posts, she kept the forums lively, if nothing else.

Hope her gun didn't accidently go off in church...

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 6:06 AM

WigerToods2010:

Miffy was someone that couldn't handle anybody with a different point of view. Well remember a foul mouthed rant on another thread on here a good while back... may even have been directed at a certain contributor on this very thread

If it was a "good while back", then I don't remember it...lol. It wasn't differing points of view...more the strangeness. I mentioned how a curse word (even a mild one) during a game would send her over the edge, and she'd then post far worse in our forum. She also claimed to be extremely religious, but was armed when attending church. Why would she be packing heat in church?, and then make a point to tell everybody?. She also "finally" had her first date (she claimed to be early 20's); when the guy tried to kiss her, she pulled her glock on him?

But, whatever. She was very generous and could be a lot of fun. It was just near the end when things began to unravel. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, May 3 2016 2:37 PM

bluey403:
    I remember checking in with Alan a couple of years ago about GL as I had just started up a CC and Gerald was a foundation member.

Remember it well as Gerald wanted me to join. I still wonder what happened....someone must know.

RSS