Forums

Help › Forums

distance on 17th on BP needs to be fixed

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 12 2009 5:52 AM (5 replies)
  • Pressto
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 7:44 AM

During the qualifying rounds the 17th hole is listed at 207 and I just hit a 3 hybrid with the shot distance shown as 204 and it was 8 yards past the hole.

The distances during the 9 hole group play are also wrong and depending on the tees you must hit 10-15yds more then the distance hole in order to make the green.

The problem is not with the clubs or their distances, but that the yardarge to the hole the game states is not accurate.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 9:22 AM

you are adding and subtracting yardage for elevation?

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 10:23 AM

Elevation is irrelvant. It is not how far I shoot the shot, it is what the shot distance says after the shot compared to what the hole list as the distance to the flag.

Let me reword it for you. My shot travels 204 yards and is about 8 yards past the hole that is listed at 207, which means the actual distance to the hole should be about 196 (204-8)

There have been other post about this and I was hoping another post might get this fix bumped up in the queue.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 9:34 PM

Hole disances are usually measured to the center of the green from the tees. Since the pin is placed in the extreme front right of the green, I can see how a shot to the pin is playing less than the listed hole yardage of 207.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:11 AM

Hi,

I have already flagged this issue with WGT and they have acknowledged my query, and will look into it.

Its the hole yardage that is the problem.

Anyway leave it with them.

Cheers Doug

• uwsublime
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 5:52 AM

Moshirki, that is not what they are talking about.  Yes, the hole distances on static markers on the course are generally listed to the center of the green, but they are talking about the dynamic remaining distance marker that updates after each shot and tells you how many yards from your ball to the flagstick in a straight line.  This is the only par 3 that does this.  Obviously par 3s like #8 require adjustment for elevation, but that is not the case on this hole.

RSS