Help › Forums

*** Icon and Shoe uneven lie invitational ***

Sun, Aug 10 2014 12:25 PM (132 replies)
  • 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 5:09 AM

ROUND 3 !!

SIK !!!  .... i birdy'd,,,  #1  weeeeeee

the rest,,,,, ummm,,, is a BLURRR... .. bogey'sssss ...doubble bobey's ...tripple !!!  somewhere around the turn ....benny hill music started .....  lmaooo

two ..or three.. i was lookin at birdy from under 10 ft,,, but .. sitll bogey'd .... i can say... i'm gettin pretty good at pitch'n.,,,, on the, UN evens now...

i enjoy'd it/... all 52 ...dangblasted swings..and,,,.35 putts !!!  ...

now,,,,  i see why all the dolls sell out so fast...

funn stuff.... peace ..:)_~~

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 5:15 AM

Holy lucky Lukes Batman!

I was kinda dreading the first green, tough enough to make it stick there on champ greens, let alone these mad things.

I found a way round that though. 

I guess it can only go downhill from there.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 5:55 AM

Great shot MM. Yes, on crazy fast greens, things generally can only go downhill! :-)

I found round 3 good fun having a better idea what to expect after round 1. Shots like this helped:

Circumventing the tricky putting on 12

followed by a lucky up and down bogey on 13 having putted off the green from 8ft, then a chip in birdie on 14. It kept the clapped out locomotive trundling on....

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 7:59 AM

LOL well THAT was interesting.....funny thing was it looked more like my actual golf game ;)

still great fun..thanks for doing this guys...looking forward to round 4 (because slow is better than fast right?.....right?? lol)

• seniorbruno
    751 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 8:05 AM

Fun it was not.  First time I've seen the 'maximum shots reached' message'.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:41 AM

fmagnets:

It kept the clapped out locomotive trundling on....

You went round under par?!?!  Where's my hat?  I so have to take it off right now.

Those who had the old max shots reached message, would hole #13 have featured there?  I was feeling pretty good, got to the tee at 2 under par for the round and hit the green in 2 no bother.  Left a makeable putt too but after this happened and then again a few more times it was goodnight Vienna.

Did anyone else think downhill putts played like they really were 50, uphill more like 14 or 15 though?  I hit a couple of 8 footers that were 1 inch uphill 10 feet and they barely made it.

Happy with a 77, I feel like I survived it, not much more.

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 12:11 PM

didn't feel that much different from the 30 speed tbh. Shots held pretty fine, putt speed seemed about the same. Only thing I noticed was with the really steep greens like that short par 4 I think number 13? I hit my approach to 5 feet right pin high and it somehow held... if the putt doesn't go in, it's going off the green. Ended with a double on that hole... you're better off missing the green.

Had 3 barely lipped out putts for birdie... had 2 doubles... and 2 bogey's. Could of easily been a 65/64.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 2:58 PM

Loved every minute of it. :-)

Missed green hole 1 and the front nine were gone!!..haha. Played par the last 9 tho (ashamed to show the front 9 card lol).

Full top pin & punch did work very well, however the ball went around the hole couple of times to end up off the green.

This is a chip "a la" Cabo hole 18, ball rolls some feet above the hole to roll back in the hole, missed the hole, it goes down many feet & outside the green.

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON=%257B%2522GUID%2522%253A%2522ef15bf73-7da3-4f9f-9131-a379015d74ae%2522%252C%2522Brand%2522%253A%2522%2522%257D

Hope Shoe & Icon uses this greens for weekly stuff or whatever we can play often. Ok the insane 50 speed would certainly be over the limit for the most. A 20 speed would be great indeed.

Eric

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 3:17 PM

Round 3 in the books and I will take last place with my head held high , Cause there is no WD next to my name .

OPY

RSS