Forums

Help › Forums

*** Icon and Shoe uneven lie invitational ***

Sun, Aug 10 2014 12:25 PM (132 replies)
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:19 AM

DaveDwingdale:

Bogeys on three of the first five holes, but ended up at even par thanks to this shot on the 16th hole.

Not that tough as long as I could keep my approaches on the low side of the hole.

Pretty cool to see my name just below Fmags and Agent Brown. (I took a screenshot because I'm sure it won't stay there.)

Dave

Very nice round Dave.

Jon

Edit: Also, I would be in favor of adding in a small entree fee. 25 -100 would be cool. Maybe have a free one as well. I think you'd get a larger showing of the mid to higher skilled tour legends if you added credits to the mix. And I would keep the same payout as the golf balls, top 3.

• Robbo81303
    412 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 11:05 AM

The most fun I've ever had shooting an 86...would've been better had i not 5 putted 18.  4 greens in regulation, lol.  greens speed not as bad as expected, left many short.  Oh well, lots of fun guys.  And keep it free....biased 'cause I live in a no skill-based wagering state...but this format seems right.  Thank you all very much, looking forward to 2, 3, & 4....

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 12:14 PM

what time ..east coast time ...will 2nd round be open ....

anybody know how to figure that..?   or is there somewhere i'm missing i can go look ...

peace... thx ..

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:17 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

anybody know how to figure that..?   or is there somewhere i'm missing i can go look ...

peace... thx ..

If I'm reading it right it would be 4:00am Sat night/ Sunday morning.  Seems I'll only be able to play the first round then. :(

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:30 PM

2DAMFLASHY:

peace... thx ..

4am monday I believe

I am still licking my wounds... 

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:28 PM

79 with... 6 birds!, but, of course a mess in all par 5....GREAT FUN anyways :-)

Lesson learned, flat spots on greens!!. although some greens do not have flat spots at all the best way is to roll back to fairway/fringe and chip/pitch close to the pin with full top spin, to have an uphill putt ----if the ball does not roll down to fairway again.

Well, this is with 30 speed, I have no idea what will happen with 50!, many players will simply never finish the round and probably including some or many of the best ones too.

Replay; Punch, full top spin but just a couple of feet pin high...then roll back to fairway.

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON=%257B%2522GUID%2522%253A%2522f6407a05-ca73-4713-b1fa-a3740157a51b%2522%252C%2522Brand%2522%253A%2522%2522%257D

In some greens my ball remained on green only because the shot time finished.....lol.

As mags said, if we could play it again much better results would be scored. 

Eric

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 4:54 PM

Will you put the link for all rounds on the 1st post ICON ? I know in previous tournies you and shoe have organised they tend to get lost mid thread...

Any chance of a link to the Leader board also (unless i'm missing something)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:50 PM

SPINO1:

Will you put the link for all rounds on the 1st post ICON ? I know in previous tournies you and shoe have organised they tend to get lost mid thread...

Click on the sign up link in the first thread then click on leaderboard. Just now only 40 players finished the round.

• seniorbruno
    733 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 5:55 PM

Not sure about 'fun', call it frusteresting. Made snowman on two par 4s. Ball kept rolling back off the green. Seven birdies,  77. 

Might want to re-think the 50 speed. Borders on absurd.

Thanks for something diffferent.....

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 6:10 PM

SPINO1:

Multi round no additional links needed.             WGTdbloshoe

RSS